A new update for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has been released, and it promises to fix some very specific issues on PS5. Patch 4.03 aims to finally remove the annoying stutter that occurs when the game is autosaving, while also squashing the graphical bug that makes Geralt's character model flicker in the equipment screen. Hurrah!
What's more, the update should improve the title's frame rate when you're exploring busy areas, like the cities of Novigrad and Beauclair. You can check out the full patch notes below.
The Witcher 3 Update 4.03 Patch Notes
- The Cross Progression pop-up will now properly display which account is logged in.
- Fixed an issue where dark stripes or shadows appeared on Geralt in the inventory screen when Performance Mode was enabled on PlayStation 5.
- Fixed an issue where the game could briefly freeze or stutter when autosaving on next-gen consoles.
- Addressed the issue of performance drops on next-gen consoles while using Witcher Senses in Beauclair and Novigrad.
VISUAL - PC and Next-Gen Exclusive
- Fixed an issue where a grid of light spots could appear on the ground and walls in certain weather conditions with Ray Tracing enabled.
- Spider webs will no longer change color when moving the camera with Ray Tracing enabled.
- Fixed an issue where some textures on characters during cutscenes would appear as not fully rendered.
- Through Time and Space - Fixed an issue where the mist in the Poisoned Valley was pink instead of white.
QUESTS & GAMEPLAY - PC and Next-Gen Exclusives
- Added the community-made mod Next Gen Script Fixes by Sergeanur.
QUESTS & GAMEPLAY - Available on all platforms
- In the Eternal Fire's Shadow - The ambient music from the quest will no longer continue playing after completion. For players who have already experienced this issue, it may be necessary to enter the Novigrad or Oxenfurt sewers again to resolve it.
- Added an option to auto-apply oils in combat.
- With the exception of potions and decoctions, it's now impossible for Geralt to eat or drink underwater. // While the team agreed it might be possible to drink liquids from a corked flask, consuming pints of ale or grilled meats underwater is too much of a stretch.
Are you still playing The Witcher 3 on PS5? Are you happy to see these issues finally being dealt with? Remember to repair your swords in the comments section below.