A new update for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has been released, and it promises to fix some very specific issues on PS5. Patch 4.03 aims to finally remove the annoying stutter that occurs when the game is autosaving, while also squashing the graphical bug that makes Geralt's character model flicker in the equipment screen. Hurrah!
What's more, the update should improve the title's frame rate when you're exploring busy areas, like the cities of Novigrad and Beauclair. You can check out the full patch notes below.
The Witcher 3 Update 4.03 Patch Notes
- The Cross Progression pop-up will now properly display which account is logged in.
- Fixed an issue where dark stripes or shadows appeared on Geralt in the inventory screen when Performance Mode was enabled on PlayStation 5.
- Fixed an issue where the game could briefly freeze or stutter when autosaving on next-gen consoles.
- Addressed the issue of performance drops on next-gen consoles while using Witcher Senses in Beauclair and Novigrad.
VISUAL - PC and Next-Gen Exclusive
- Fixed an issue where a grid of light spots could appear on the ground and walls in certain weather conditions with Ray Tracing enabled.
- Spider webs will no longer change color when moving the camera with Ray Tracing enabled.
- Fixed an issue where some textures on characters during cutscenes would appear as not fully rendered.
- Through Time and Space - Fixed an issue where the mist in the Poisoned Valley was pink instead of white.
QUESTS & GAMEPLAY - PC and Next-Gen Exclusives
- Added the community-made mod Next Gen Script Fixes by Sergeanur.
QUESTS & GAMEPLAY - Available on all platforms
- In the Eternal Fire's Shadow - The ambient music from the quest will no longer continue playing after completion. For players who have already experienced this issue, it may be necessary to enter the Novigrad or Oxenfurt sewers again to resolve it.
- Added an option to auto-apply oils in combat.
- With the exception of potions and decoctions, it's now impossible for Geralt to eat or drink underwater. // While the team agreed it might be possible to drink liquids from a corked flask, consuming pints of ale or grilled meats underwater is too much of a stretch.
Are you still playing The Witcher 3 on PS5? Are you happy to see these issues finally being dealt with? Remember to repair your swords in the comments section below.
Noticed those bugs, very good they repaired it!! My PS5 replay is on pause for now, too many new games, but I will resume later.
I noticed some of those... especially since starting up Blood and Wine.
Is it safe to play now?
As it was CDPR I figured it might be ready 6 months after launch!
Fortunately there has been a wealth of games to play in its stead and I don't know if I'll now bother to play through for a second time - though its a fantastic game so I'd like to if I can make time..
@Titntin Honestly, been replaying the entire game since it launched last December (only now have gotten to Blood and Wine). Aside from minimal glitches, the game plays great.
@Uncharted2007 Thanks mate... I need to make some time! 👍
I finally reinstalled it just to see the visual updates.
The opening horse ride scene is now stunning! Once I hit the bridge and the water I had to stop and look around. Wow, Nicely done.
Not really playing it over, but people jumping in now are in for an amazing ride if everything else look like this. It would be a mistake to play any of the old versions at this point.
Why didn't they just release the game today?
Hi. Anyone having problems when he doesn’t get out his sword in a fight and get left fist fighting enemies?
Cool.word up son
Have they fixed constantly flashing clouds in Tousainnt yet? 😩
Edit: They haven't... Very annoying. And in the most beautiful section of the game each patch is taking forever to arrive too. I feel it'll remain an issue forever.
" it's now impossible for Geralt to eat or drink underwater [...] consuming pints of ale or grilled meats underwater is too much of a stretch."
Sorry CDPR, but all you need to do is go on YouTube and search 'eating underwater' to see that it is possible.
@MrElfenSafety There's a setting in the options menu that makes Geralt draw his swords automatically. If it's turned off, you have to press left or right on the d-pad to draw his swords yourself (left for steel, right for silver). Make sure that setting's how you want it first.
If that doesn't work, it sounds like it could be a bug. Try drawing his swords using the d-pad — it should still work even if you have automatic drawing turned on.
@ShogunRok thanks, much appreciated
Added an option to auto-apply oils in combat.
Sounds like they fixed the flickering on Geralt on the inventory screen. Another issue I’ve had is when buying/selling with the armourer next to the bridge in Skellige, where mine has crashed several times. I submitted a report each time so hopefully it’s got through to the relevant people.
I'll be waiting for patch 5.0 before picking up this one
Still waiting for the confirmed Witcher 1 remake, and then the inevitable Witcher 2 re-release.
Still hopeful of a transmog option so my Geralt doesn't look like a doofus. I want to keep the starter outfit as visually it's my favorite. I doubt it'll happen though.
Tap here to load 18 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...