Chained Echoes, the incredibly highly rated indie RPG that launched for PS4 last year, is getting a significant update in the near future. Out now on PC, the game's latest patch adds a full New Game + mode, letting you replay the turn-based adventure with your character progress intact. The update will arrive on consoles "within the next 1-2 weeks".
Here are the relatively brief patch notes:
- Added: New Game + option in the start menu when cleared save file is present
- Added: New way of obtaining crystals *
- Added: Crystal gather chains **
- Added: Option to lower running speed
- Added: More Stat Boosts and Passive Skills for Kylian for NG+
- Changed: Removing crystals from equipment yields the proper former crystal ***
- Changed: Selling equipment auto-removes the crystal
- Changed: Lowered chance of getting big crystals
- Changed: Crystals with a purity of 0 can’t drop
- Changed: Smoother crafting menu navigation
- Changed: A few enemy stats
- Changed: Lowered bonus from agility passive and class emblem bonus
- Changed: Double Steps & Drunken Master don’t stack.
- Fixed: bug regarding the Shaved Head boss
- Fixed: other minor bugs and collision errors
Sadly, we never got around to reviewing Chained Echoes when it released — but the overall reception to the game speaks for itself. Based on what we did actually play of it, fans of classic Japanese RPGs should absolutely check it out.
Have you played Chained Echoes? Will you be jumping back in once this update drops? Gather your party and hop aboard an airship in the comments section below.