A fresh patch has been deployed for the excellent action RPG, Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty. At just 194.4MB on PS5, it'll only take a minute to download and install, but it brings with it a raft of adjustments and bug fixes.
There are a number of minor changes to certain features that should make things just that little bit smoother. The best example is that arrows, projectiles, and consumable items will now automatically restock from the store when you access a Battle Flag. The patch also allows you to switch lock-on during certain animation sequences, open the Travel screen after clearing battlefields, and more.
In addition, some balancing tweaks have been made to adjust the difficulty in certain areas, and a laundry list of bug fixes should smooth out the game for those affected. It's a chunky patch, as you can see from the below patch notes:
- Added a feature that automatically restock arrows/projectiles and consumable items from the storehouse upon accessing a Battle Flag.
- Made it possible for players to switch lock-on to another target during the animation sequence for Fatal Strikes, deflects (in response to an enemy’s Critical Blow), and Divine Beasts Summons.
- Made it possible for players to open the Travel screen from the screen that appears after clearing a battlefield (except for main battlefields cleared for the first time), and then select which battlefield they would like to go to next.
- Added the option to return to the briefing screen before starting Co-op and the option to try the same battlefield again, to the screen that appears after completing a Co-op session.
- Changed the player’s Morale Rank to 20 while at the base, the hidden village.
- Made the following adjustments to the difficulty of the sub battlefield “The Tiger's Loyal Subjects”:
- Adjustments to the AI
- Adjustments to damage taken from Critical Blows, the parameters for the increase/decrease of Spirit, etc.
- Upward adjustment of the Morale Points acquired by players
Major Bug Fixes
- Fixed crash-prone situations that occurred in certain environments.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to enter areas outside of the current stage from certain locations in some stages.
- Fixed a bug that caused characters to become stuck (in the ground/surrounding objects) in certain locations in some stages, making it impossible for players to progress.
- Fixed a bug that caused the enemies in some stages to be pushed out of the stage, making it impossible for players to progress.
- Fixed a bug that caused guest players in Recruit to become unable to progress upon entering a certain house in the sub battlefield “The Lost Sacred Artifact” until the host player opened the door.
- Fixed a bug that made it possible to exchange items with a Shitieshou every time the player resumes the game from a Battle Flag in the sub battlefield “Fate of the Entertainer.”
- Fixed a bug that occurred during the battle against Zhang Liang in the main battlefield “Village of Calamity” where, if the player went into Spirit Disruption right when they defeated Zhang Liang’s first form, they would remain in Spirit Disruption at the start of the battle against his second form.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Spirit Disruption of “Embodiment of Demonic Qi” to last longer.
- Fixed a bug that could make it impossible for the player to proceed if they summoned the Divine Beast Yinglong right as they died.
- Fixed a bug in which the magnitudes of special effects on emptied embedment slots would sometimes change when loading save data.
- Fixed a bug that prevented embedment on locked equipment.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes provide fewer embedment slots than there should have been on battlefield clear rewards and accessories in the “Path of the Rising Dragon” difficulty level.
- Fixed a bug that allowed users to sell equipment registered to favorites.
- Fixed a bug that caused the effects of the special effect Set Bonus Requirement Mitigation to accumulate.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from being able to skip cutscenes upon using certain controls.
- Fixed a bug that caused the number of arrows/projectiles in the player’s inventory to duplicate under certain conditions.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes make it impossible for the player to obtain some trophies/achievements.
Note: After the update is applied, these trophies/achievements can be obtained by clearing any of the main or sub battlefields.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from saving the parameters for the Upper Lip Edge Thickness and the Lower Lip Edge Thickness after selecting Save in Character Creation.
- Fixed other minor bugs.
Are you enjoying Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty? Update us in the comments section below.
I am missing a couple of trophies if only they would tell you what are the collectables in each mission and if you have it already... After all they did that with the Kodama in Nioh so it's a bit weird that's missing here but it tells you a lot when the replenish feature was not even implemented.
CTRL+F Easy mode. Awh maaaaan
@MickOnYourFace Easy Mode is already in there! Just grind each mission's first few enemies until you hit Morale 25 and summon two NPCs!
Meh, too late. Already got the platinum trophy. Easy game.
Good list of QoL improvements and fixes. Already completed the game last week but I’ll be back for the DLCs!
I finished it a few days ago aaaaand... I had a good time, but was ultimately a bit disappointed, the magic was missing in NG+ mainly due to how dull the loot is. The whole thing borrows too heavily from Nioh but waters everything down, even the deflection system is a simpler, more telegraphed, version of Timely Guard (the timing is indistinguishable, just a different button press)... but the gods damned loot - you can literally farm up the very first bosses 4* gear and use that for the entire game including the NG+ cycle and because of that builds become stagnant and redundant...
But, like I said, I had a good time whilst playing, but the longer it stews the more disappointed I become. I played on Game Pass so I don't feel like I wasted any money, but I doubt I'll touch it again until there's a cheap complete edition out in around 18 months.
@Mintie it going to get harder each dlc they release just like in nioh.
"Made it possible for players to open the Travel screen from the screen that appears after clearing a battlefield (except for main battlefields cleared for the first time), and then select which battlefield they would like to go to next."
Finally!! It's annoying to teleport to the town and then choose another battlefield every single time.
Hopefully that note there about the " the tigers loyal subjects" is a secret nerf, cuz man that
3v1 on rising dragon is a living nightmare
And nice on the restock at battle flags save a min or 2
Guys, how hard is this game? Is it a hard Platinum Trophy? Are we talking Ninja Gaiden difficulty?
@Snake_V5 I would say it's a bit easier than Nioh if you have played that. It's nowhere near Ninja Gaiden on a difficulty scale. Not sure on the Platinum
@Sakai I've never played Nioh either. I've played Ninja Gaiden though. I've also never played any Demon Souls type game ever either.
@Snake_V5 I haven't played the full game, but got the plat on Nioh, and played a few Ninja Gaiden games in the past- this is certainly the easiest of the 3!
@Snake_V5 It's easier than nioh and most dark souls, if you learn the parry/deflect skill properly, if not its gonna be really difficult, and of course with all these types.of games there's a few bosses that are a roadblock to platinum, plus thing is though , there's not alot of enemy types so won't take long to get use to there abilities.
Learn the mechanics and be patient it will be a 40hr platinum and in my opinion super fun
Loved the game the more I played, nearly reached 100% achievements after about forty hours.
Easiest Soulslike out there aside from the Lu Bu fight. Probably died more on Ragnarok.
No Lu Bu nerf …. Surprised. He has too many hps
@Mega-Gazz dunno about that. Fight's not that hard at all, still think the first dude is the toughest to date haha
Did they re-balance the difficulty of the first boss?
Lu Bu nerf is all what folks needed! =]
I am enjoying the combat! It’s honestly one of the best combat systems I’ve played. So far I’m about 25 hours into my first play through and I’m running a fire build.
Glad to see it's still being actively patched! I'll grab the game in a few years for $20 New.
Nonsense, he's perfect. Easily my favourite Team Ninja boss from this and the Nioh games. No cheap gimmicks, awful hitboxes or sight obscuring screen filling tentacle attacks.
He was the only boss I died to more than a handful of times, and each attempt I learned how to deflect/avoid one more thing that helped me get a little further than the last. Took about an hour an eight tries in the end, and when I had beaten him, I wanted to fight him again right away.
Why would you nerf that experience when the rest of the bosses in the game are mostly one attempt chumps? More of them needed second phases, that's for sure.
Tap here to load 22 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...