Striking Distance Studios has updated The Callisto Protocol on PS5, PS4 to version 3.01, which implements a New Game+ option and fixes a number of issues. The patch is available to download now, and allows you to carry over all your weapons, upgrades, and Callisto Credits into a second playthrough. They'll be at the first Reforge station in the game.
Bugs and glitches have also been addressed, but unfortunately, they do make unlocking one of the Trophies a lot harder. Previously, you've been able to load the game up after the final boss and unlock the digital gong for beating The Callisto Protocol on the hardest difficulty by simply switching to Maximum Security there and then. This exploit is no longer possible with patch 3.01.
Elsewhere, performance is said to have been optimized across all platforms, and you'll no longer take any damage when climbing over obstacles. Below you'll find the full patch notes for The Callisto Protocol update 3.01.
- Users who previously completed the game will have access to NewGame+ after the patch.
- Application restart may be required.
- Requires an active save file from game completion.
- Fixed an issue where some users were not correctly granted the "The Protocol is About Life" achievement
- Added New Game Plus. Complete the game to unlock New Game Plus and carry your pression over to a new save. All weapons, upgrades, and Callisto Credits can be collected at the first Reforge
- General performance optimizations across all platforms
- Players no longer take damage when vaulting over obstacles
- Fixed multiple issues where certain camera angles or progression paths could cause environments to stream out and allow Jacob to fall through the ground
- Consistency pass on cabinets, lockers, and shelves to display correctly in High Contrast mode
- Voice leveling and subtitle mismatch adjustments across localized languages
- Fixed low frequency crash in the Tunnels level during the Two Head fight
- Skip Cinematics button has been mapped to the Interact/Pickup input
- Fixed a long hitch when enabling Ray-Traced Shadows in the main menu
- Prevented mouse cursor from displaying during some area transitions
- Fixed low frequency crash in Snowcat when Jacob is talking to Dani