One Piece Odyssey was one of the best-selling games in Japan during its first week on the market, with only the joint sales of Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet beating it to top spot. The PS4 version sold best at 35,123 units, while the PS5 edition sold 26,879 copies. It beat out competition from other Nintendo games like Splatoon 3 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
On the hardware side, 39,468 PS5 consoles were sold and 1,099 PS4 systems were purchased. In Japan, the Nintendo Switch still reigns supreme, with the OLED model topping the charts. Below is the top 10 best-selling games in Japan last week.
Japanese Sales Charts: Week Ending 15th January 2023
- Pokemon Scarlet / Pokemon Violet — 64,799
- One Piece Odyssey (PS4) — 35,123
- One Piece Odyssey (PS5) — 26,879
- Splatoon 3 — 22,094
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe — 18,172
- Nintendo Switch Sports — 14,849
- Minecraft — 11,025
- Dragon Quest Treasures — 7,864
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate — 7,587
- Mario Party Superstars — 7,382