The latest update for Assassin's Creed Valhalla is available to download now on PS5 and PS4. You'll need patch 1.6.0 (1.060 on PS5) in order to play the game's new adventure, titled The Forgotten Saga. This is essentially an expansion that's free for all existing players, and it tasks you with journeying into the depths of Niflheim as Odin looks to reclaim his son's soul. Sounds dramatic!
To be clear, The Forgotten Saga is part of the update — you don't need to go to the PlayStation Store and grab it separately or anything. Still, Ubisoft has been referring to it as 'DLC' in its official marketing materials, and the Trophy list suggests that it really is a meaty addition.
The Forgotten Saga is rogue-like in structure, meaning that you're probably going to die at some point, and restart with a better understanding of how to succeed. Some aspects of your run will carry over to the next, until you're finally able to reach Odin's daughter, Hela, and defeat her.
In truth, there's not much to this update outside of the aforementioned DLC, but we've included the patch notes below all the same. The update weighs in at just under 12.6GB.
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Update 1.6.0 Patch Notes
New Free Game Mode: The Forgotten Saga
Added the new free game mode to the game.
Plunge into the depths of Niflheim and face overwhelming odds in this exciting, rogue-lite inspired, free game-mode for Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Accessible for all players once they have reached Asgard in the main game. This new mode provides a formidable challenge for players with a unique quest to defy fate.
After you've visited Asgard for the first time, a new building can be constructed in Ravensthorpe that will provide access to the Forgotten Saga mode. There are no power level requirements to access this content, and the equipment and perks you have unlocked throughout England do not transfer over.
SIGRBLOT FESTIVAL RETURNS!
The Sigrblot Festival has returned to the game.
Sigrblot returns to Ravensthorpe for a limited time. From August 4-25 participate in the festival and exchange opals for exclusive festival rewards. To access the Sigrblot festival players much reach England and complete one of the first two narrative arcs (Grantebridgescire OR Ledecestrescire) and be at least at Settlement Level 2.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
Dawn of Ragnarok
- The movable light beam in Alethorpis stuck, making it impossible to solve the puzzle for the Book of the Knowledge.
- Unable to move the stone block to obtain the Dwarven Blacksmith Cloak in Svaldal.
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
- Cannot complete the quest Wedding Horns, as Rued spawns in dead.
- Reda only offers one daily contract instead of two.
- Anderitum Hideout Raven Challenge: Addressed the persisting issue that prevents the looting of the key from Destroyer if the player has already acquired it without unlocking the door.
Misc Fixes and Improvements
- When using Dual Spears the light combo finisher attack doesn't work as intended.
- When using the Algurnir Dane Axe, perks from other Bows and Gear will not activate.
- Discounts for owning gear from a pack in the animus store isn't consistent.
- The VFX from the Blood Elf Eye-Wrap gear can be seen during some cutscenes.
- Selecting "Sell all trinkets" at a store will sell trade goods as well.
UI / HUD
- Button prompts in pop-up messages in the store do not align correctly with the pop-up box.
- Incorrect thumbnail for Edward Kenway's outfit in the Inventory screen.
Will you be rampaging through the Norse underworld thanks to Assassin's Creed Valhalla's latest update? Plan out your run in the comments section below.