Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin has a new patch on PS5 and PS4, which promises improvements to both the game's visuals and its technical performance. It also makes various gameplay adjustments, and even adds a battle simulator where you can try out different jobs and weapon types. The latter sounds especially useful.
Stranger of Paradise's graphical oddities have been a key point of criticism since its release back in March. At times it can be a rather ugly RPG, but this update will apparently adjust the title's use of anti-aliasing, which should result in less "jaggies" — the overly sharp outlines of certain assets that can make a game look especially rough.
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin Update 1.04 Patch Notes
Anti-aliasing algorithms have been adjusted to mitigate the occurrence of "jaggies."
• The side mission "Battle Simulator" has been added to the "???" location in the south of Cornelia. This side mission can be used to try out jobs, equipment, and abilities you have obtained.
• A feature to adjust the display of ally effects has been added to System Settings. This setting can be used to hide certain visual effects of allies.
• A "Confirm Equipment Optimization" category has been added to System Settings. This setting can be used to enable a confirmation screen before implementing the set determined by Optimize Equipment.
• An "Ally Battle Sets Only" category has been added to Optimize Equipment in System Settings.
• The amount of anima crystals that can be acquired in CHAOS difficulty missions has been adjusted.
• The inventory limit for crafting materials, anima shards, and anima crystals has been revised to 9,999.
• Follow-up attacks after using soul shield are now directed at the lock-on target.
• Models for hair and fur associated with important characters have been revised to improve performance.
• Cubes have been added to the following side missions:
• Ebon Memories: The Tragic Cynic
• Ebon Memories: The Truthseeker
• Ebon Memories: The Yearner
• Ebon Memories: The Power-Hungry
• Ebon Memories: The Guided
• Visibility has been improved within the "???" field location north of the Chaos Shrine.
• When entering a room during multiplayer and the mission could not be joined due to reasons such as the host being engaged in a boss battle, the mission can now be joined automatically after finishing preparations.
• Other various bug fixes.
Are you still playing Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin? Do any of these changes stick out to you? Give us your best "bullsh*t" in the comments section below.
Perhaps it can finally move from looking like a PS3 game to an early PS4 one
Nice! Only just bought this today as it goes 😀
ER put this and Forbidden West on ice for me, and though I finished From's game about six weeks ago it's reached the point where — distracted further by some smaller titles — waiting is paying off.
@jrt87 I'm having that same experience - Horizon and Elden Ring have dominated my life since February, so this one has been waiting patiently.
Glad to see updates like this landing before I get to it.
This was desperately needed. I hope it's a very noticeable improvement to the visuals. All my gaming time has been taken up for Horizon Forbidden West and now Salt and Sacrifice so I'll get around to this patch later on.
If I weren't play Nioh 2 right now, I would be very interested in playing this.
The sub-title "chaos control" made me create an account just to comment that it was funny
@BartoxTharglod I bought it on release as I wanted the collectors Steelbook (I collect Final Fantasy steelbooks) but I haven't started it yet either. I'm also starting to avoid playing most games on release because games always improve after release now. It's unfortunate.
@cidplanes Welcome officially to PushSquare then! You might want to check out this thread if you wish to introduce yourself properly.
Dead. On. Arrival.
Tap here to load 10 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...