Update: Housemarque waited until just after we set our news story live to publish its list of patch notes for this Returnal update. As it happens, the notes don't go over what's changed as far as balancing is concerned. They do confirm a series of bug fixes, however, including some found while playing co-op.
Here are the patch notes in full:
- Tower of Sisyphus: Added Audio Logs to new locations in the tower
- Tower of Sisyphus: Fixed a rare issue where Algos might refuse to die, or die too early in the tower
- Tower of Sisyphus: Increased leaderboard scrolling speed
- Co-Op: Fixed several issues where a client or host might encounter a black screen or hang when moving between biomes during co-op play
- Co-Op: Fixed multiple minor gameplay bugs
- Co-Op: Fixed two rare crashes in co-op mode
Original Story: In Returnal's huge free update, it introduced a new area and mode with the Tower of Sisyphus. It's an endless challenge mode in which you kill waves of enemies and work your way up the structure as high as you can, amassing as many points as possible. It's brilliant fun, but developer Housemarque isn't quite done with it just yet.
Patch 3.03 is now available on PS5, weighing in at 1.3GB. Full patch notes have not been published as yet, but Housemarque gives us the gist with the below tweet:
Basically, this patch's primary focus is rebalancing the new mode, though the studio stops short of telling us exactly what is being adjusted. The only thing we know for certain is that the changes are big enough that the leaderboards for Tower of Sisyphus are being reset. Hopefully, Housemarque will give players more details soon. If patch notes become available, we'll update this story.
Anyway, have you been playing the Tower of Sisyphus in Returnal? Give it one more go in the comments section below.