Update: Ubisoft has posted additional patch notes for Assassin's Creed Valhalla update 1.4.1. Alongside the performance improvements listed below in the original article, 1.4.1 will add a bunch of customisable difficulty options, which will allow you to tweak very specific gameplay components.
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Update 1.4.1 Patch Notes (2)
We want to take the opportunity ahead of our upcoming Title Update 1.4.1 release next week to provide you with a glimpse of what to expect. Our team has been hard at work to implement sub-sections to the combat, stealth and exploration difficulty settings that will enable you to fine-tune your gameplay experience in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. Below you’ll find the setting breakdown for each category.
• Aim Assist (Full, Moderate, Light, Off)
• Level Scaling (Off, Default, Constant, Harder, Nightmarish)
• *NEW* Parry timing-window (400, 650, 800 ms)
• *NEW* Brush with Death timing-window (300, 400, 600 ms)
• *NEW* Brush with Death Duration (1, 1.5, 2, 2.5 sec)
• Guaranteed Assassination (ON/OFF)
• *NEW* Detection escape (0.5, 1, 2 sec)
• *NEW* Detection escape while aiming (1, 2, 4 sec)
• *NEW* Search duration (50, 65, 80 sec)
• *NEW* Maximum enemies in search (2,3)
• Closest Opportunity (ON/OFF)
• Icon Distance (OFF/ON)
• *NEW* Viewpoint Synchronization (ON/OFF)
• *NEW* Exploration Beams (Limited/Full)
• *NEW* Unguided Objectives (OFF/ON)
• Improved instances where NPCs could detect players when vision between the player and NPCs is obstructed.
• Reduced the hold time and speed restriction when blending with crowds.
• Resolved some issues that caused players to be instantly detected when they should not have been.
Original Story: Ubisoft has detailed title update 1.4.1 for Assassin's Creed Valhalla, and it's an interesting patch to say the least. 1.4.1 launches next week (with more precise timing details coming soon), and will force you to redownload the entire base game.
That's because this update is all about data restructure. Basically, the developer has optimised Assassin's Creed Valhalla as a whole, and that's why you'll need to reinstall the game. This will apparently lead to a load of performance improvements, with Ubisoft touting better load times, better open world streaming, and more. It will also decrease the overall file size for Valhalla.
Ubisoft says that Valhalla's size will be reduced from over 100GB to 77GB on PS5, and from over 100GB to 75GB on PS4. The 1.4.1 update itself will be 40GB on PS5, and 67GB on PS4.
Update 1.4.1 will apparently lay the foundations for future Valhalla content. As has already been confirmed, the game will be getting a second year of free updates and expansions. There have also been very recent rumours of a surprise DLC launching this month, which could be revealed at The Game Awards. If that rumour is real, then this patch no doubt adds support.
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Update 1.4.1 Patch Notes
In order to continue supporting Assassin's Creed Valhalla with future content and game updates, Title Update 1.4.1 will require players to re-download the entire game as part of a data restructuring.
The upcoming Title Update consolidates the game files, resulting in a smaller overall game size on all platforms. Additionally, performance should improve with this data restructuring, with faster loading screen times, improved world data streaming, and overall runtime performance.
Note that only the base game needs to be redownloaded. Expansions will not be affected by the restructuring.
Download size from 1.4.0 to 1.4.1:
- PS4 ~67 GB
- PS5 ~40 GB
Disc space used after installing 1.4.1
- PS4 ~75 GB
- PS5 ~77 GB
Disc space saved after rebase:
- PS4 ~30 GB
- PS5 ~13 GB
What do you make of this update? Give your SSD a thumbs up in the comments section below.