And just like that, someone's created a mod for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition that makes the game run at 60 frames-per-second on PS5 (and PS4, kind of). The mod's author, MrWright, has posted a brief rundown of how it works over on YouTube, and it's safe to say that Skyrim has never ran better on PlayStation consoles.
You read the headline correctly, by the way. As the mod's description explains, you can indeed have Skyrim running at 60fps without sacrificing Trophy functionality. Below is a quick step-by-step breakdown of how to get it working.
- Download and enable the 60fps mod
- Boot up a save (or start a new one)
- Quit back to the main menu (without closing the game entirely)
- Disable the 60fps mod in the mod menu
- Skyrim should now run at 60fps even without the mod enabled, allowing for Trophies (as long as you're not using any other mods)
- Repeat steps 1 through 5 each time you open Skyrim
Again, if you have any other mods enabled, Trophies will still be unavailable.
And yes, this mod does technically work on PS4 and PS4 Pro as well, but the results aren't nearly as noticeable compared to when the game's running on PS5 through backwards compatibility.
So there you have it: Skyrim running at (around) 60fps on PS5. Are you tempted to return to the world of the Dragonborn with this mod? Shout in the comments section below.