Battle royale phenomenon Fall Guys has today received its first major update. The patch, which brings the game to version 1.05, is available to download now on PlayStation 4. As was announced recently, this update includes a new round among lots of bug fixes.
The new round is called Jump Showdown, and it's a final round version of Jump Club. As with that minigame, you need to hop over the lower of the sweepers as they come around, but the twist with Jump Showdown is that floor segments gradually fall away. It should add a touch of variety to proceedings.
Here are the rest of the patch notes, which include fixes for some nasty issues:
- Lowered the weighting for Royal Fumble to add more final round variation
- Fixed crash at launch with certain regional calendars set in the operating system
- Improved messaging for matchmaking and server errors
- Fixed physics behaving erratically at high framerate on levels like Tip Toe
- Fixed crown in Fall Mountain not being grabbable in rare situations
- Addressed some collisions in Block Party allowing players to bypass the blocks
- Fixed Parties sometimes failing due to too many requests
- Addressed some special characters causing display issues in player names
- Fixed Big Tease Achievement not unlocking in specific regions
We've experienced a couple of these ourselves, so this patch comes as a bit of a relief. The update weighs in at just 260MB, so it won't take you long to install and get back into the action.
Are you excited to play more Fall Guys after this update? Smack into a fake door in the comments section below.