Patch 1.21 for Days Gone is available to download now on PlayStation 4, and it weighs in at a rather large 18.5GB. This one's actually a pretty big deal, too, as it adds weekly DLC challenges to the open world title. The first is named 'Surrounded', and it tasks you with surviving for as long as you can against an endless horde of freakers. Do well enough, and you can earn rewards like new characters, accents, and rings. Sounds pretty interesting. The challenges will also come with their own Trophies.
On top of that, the update fixes a few annoying little issues that players have been keen to point out. For starters, picking up weapons off the ground is now mapped to the triangle button, which is a more than welcome tweak. You can find the full patch notes below.
Days Gone Update 1.21 Patch Notes
Weekly DLC Challenges
- “Surrounded” is the first DLC challenge drop! It’s you VS. an endless Horde of Freakers! Survive the Horde as long as possible by utilizing your weapons, traps, and the environment. Increase the time on the timer by taking down Freakers and maximizing your score!
- Each week on Friday, we will unlock a new challenge for you to master! (Will confirm day/time)
- Earn a Bronze, Silver, or Gold rank to earn credits to buy new characters, custom accents, and rings
- Once you complete a challenge, you will earn that challenge’s Patch which will be permanently shown on Deacon’s jacket in both challenge and story mode!
- Free new custom accent has been added to our story mode, “Farewell Mongrels”
- New trophies have been added exclusive to the new weekly challenges
- Lisa will not get stuck on the house terrain during the mission ”Lots Of Sick People”
- After finishing the objective in “You Don’t Want to Know”, you should be able to properly loot your bounty
- Picking up and swapping weapons on the ground has been changed to the “Triangle” button
- A fix has added to fade away the Stat Upgrade and Trust Level banner from the player’s UI
- Swarmers and the Horde should now vault through windows properly
- The Breaker’s AI should function correctly when traps are utilized
- Leaving flashback missions should now retain your melee weapon and proper ammo count
- Rendering issue has been resolved with a certain set of NPCs
- Localization fixes
- Various bug fixes and miscellaneous crash fixes
Are you still playing Days Gone? Don't forget to refuel your bike in the comments section below.