There has been a bit of an avalanche of release dates over the past couple of days, hasn't there? AI: The Somnium Files, the latest title from Zero Escape director Kotaro Uchikoshi, adds itself to the list with a worldwide launch date of 25th July. To celebrate the occasion, a new trailer has been released that includes our first look at gameplay. Check it out above.
In case you don't know, Spike Chunsoft's newest detective adventure focuses on Kaname Date as he investigates a serial killer. "One rainy night in November, a woman's body is found at an abandoned theme park, mounted on a merry-go-round horse. She had been stabbed repeatedly, and her left eye was gouged out. Kaname Date of the Metropolitan Police Department arrives on the scene. He recognizes the woman."
Alongside the release date, a special edition exclusive to North America has been revealed. It'll contain:
- A-set Acrylic Stand – Approx. 6 inches tall
- Outer Box – Original Artwork by character designer Yusuke Kozaki
- THOUGHTS REMaiN BELOW Artbook – 30+ pages of sketches and concept art
- REVERIES IN THE RaiN Soundtrack
- A-set’s #1 Fan Stickers – 3 vinyl stickers
- AI: The Somnium Files for PlayStation 4
Will you be solving the murders AI: The Somnium Files lays out? Grab your magnifying glass for the comments below.