Dark Souls III's getting fresh content in the form of The Ringed City imminently, and From Software has released the patch notes for an update coming to the PlayStation 4 later this week. And among improvements to the PvP portion of the game and a bunch of bug fixes is the promise of "increased framerate for gameplay on the PS4 Pro".
It's unclear what this will entail – it could be a capped 30 frames-per-second or an unlocked framerate of up to 60 frames-per-second – but it's nice to see the developer put the additional effort in. Now if only we could convince it or Japan Studio to do the same for Bloodborne we'd be laughing, wouldn't we?
Dark Souls III The Ringed City Patch Notes
- Made system updates for The Ringed City.
- Increased frame rate for gameplay on PlayStation®4 Pro.
- 2 New maps added to Undead Match, Dragon Ruins and Grand Roof.
- Added function to Undead Match where, if password matching is used, players can split into teams.
- Added function to Undead Match that allows one team of players to match with one password, and the other team to match with another password.
- Added function where various hosts could be displayed on the bonfire warp menu.
- Added warning text that advised player if he/she has dropped too many items in a single location on the field.
- Fixed issue where the loading screen was displayed for longer than usual when the guest returned to his/her own world after an online multiplayer session.
- Fixed issue in "The Painted World of Ariandel" where the opened/closed status of the door to the Cleansing Chapel did not synched properly during online multiplayer session.
- Fixed issue where a guest could enter alone into the boss room for the Dancer of the Boreal Valley during online multiplayer session.
- Fixed issue where the level sync feature in Undead Match did not synched consistently during online multiplayer session.
- Fixed issue in the loading screen where guests were not alerted to an error that occurred on the host's side during online multiplayer session.
- Fixed issue when player using the miracle Tears of Denial doesn't get attacked during online multiplayer session.
- Fixed issue where weapons and items sent to the box get corrupted when inventory is full.
- Fixed icons that specify which certain items are for which gender. (ex. Chain Armor).
- Improved attack power for Shortsword. In accordance with this fix, critical hit is decreased in order to make critical power the same as present.
- Improved motion of normal attack for Ultra Greatswords, Great Hammers and Curved Great Swords.
- Decreased stamina depletion when attacking using Ultra Greatswords, Great Hammers, and Greataxes.
- Improved attack power for Curved Greatswords.
- Decreased motion of normal attack while dashing for Katanas. Improved motion of any other normal attacks.
- Improved motion of shield bash skill. In accordance with this fix, stamina consumption has been reduced.
- Improved motion of Dagger's Blind Spot skill.
- Increased rate at which Frostbite builds up when using Vordt's Great Hammer, Irithyll Straight Sword, and Friede's Great Scythe.
- Shortened attack window of Carthus Curved Sword and Dark Sword, Gargoyle Flame Hammer and Follower Sabre.
- Improved motion of Crescent Moon Sword's skill, Crescent Blade.
- Improved the motion of Moonlight Greatswords's skill, Moonlight Vortex.
- Improved FP recovery effect of Executioner's Greatsword.
- Fixed so that Frost Blade appears from the beginning of Pontiff Knight Curved Sword skill.
- Improved FP decrease effect of Yorshka's Spear skill, Pacify.
- Improved motion and the frost effect of Pontiff Knight Great Scythe skill.
- Improved motion of normal attack for Greatlance.
- Fixed so that poise is applied during Greatlance two-handed attack.
- Fixed so that poise is applied during Dark Hand skill, Lifedrain.
- Disabled parry during Pickaxe's two-handed attack.
- Improved duration of the Perseverance effect.
- Fixed issue where attack power of some bolts was different from the assumed value when using Avelyn.
- Fixed issue where one-handed attack motion of Crow Talons was the incorrectly using the animation for the Fists.
- Fixed issue where player can apply enchantment of Bloodlust to other weapons.
- Fixed so that poise is applied during Spin Sweep attack.
- Fixed issue where Onislayer continued to attack consecutively.
- Improved correction value for Sharp or Heavy weapons' upgrade.
- Increased rate at which bleeding builds up when using a reduced bleeding build-up.
- Decreased rate at which bleeding builds up before using a reduced bleeding build-up.
- Increased rate at which poison builds up when using a reduced poison build-up.
- Along with improving correction value for Sharp or Heavy weapons' upgrade, adjusted correction value for Refined or Hollowed weapons' upgrade.
- Improved defense and also increased weights for heavy armor.
- Improved the motion of Lightning Stake, Lightning Storm and Way of White Corona.
- Extended time when using the miracles of Gnaw, Dorhys' Gnawing and Wrath of the Gods.
- Fixed issue where bonus value is not affected by Dark Damage when equipping Hornet Ring during critical attack.
- Improved attack power and decreased duration of poison and poison effects players use.
- Decreased rate at which blood builds up when using Carthus Rouge.
Kewl - now I can smash my controller against the screen at a potential 60 frames per second!
I wonder if what happened to FFXV will happen again.
It make sense to update DS3 for the Pro - more so than for Bloodbourne. DS3 is getting new content and is 'current' where as Bloodbourne is old (by comparison) and as far as I am aware, not currently getting new content. It released at the same time as games like the Handsome Collection (Borderlands), The Order 1886 and Battlefield:Hardlines and games like Arkham Knight and Witcher 3 came out later on that year. Had Bloodbourne been made by a Sony owned Studio, maybe they would have had to revisit this game to give PS4 Pro owners an additional reason to buy at launch. Maybe they will revisit Bloodbourne after they are not working on DS3 content but it makes much more sense to deal with DS3 now as they have new content and its still 'current'.
@BAMozzy You're absolutely right, but you'd think Sony would have put the work in on Bloodborne itself really. It's still very much a flagship PS4 game.
@get2sammyb Really?? I wouldn't expect Respawn or Insomniac to update games like Titanfall or Sunset Overdrive on the Scorpio - not to the same extent that I can see MS making sure Halo, Forza Maybe not the first few but Horizon 3 for sure), Gears etc run at enhanced levels first and foremost. Even games like Dead Rising 4 which is more recent would be a surprise to me...
@BAMozzy But they're third-parties. Sony co-developed Bloodborne so surely they've got someone at Japan Studio that can do a patch for one of their flagship games.
@get2sammyb Why do a patch now when you can release it on E3 week alongside the Bloodborne 2 announcement? I mean that is happening right...RIGHT!
@adf86 WE CAN BELIEVE!
@get2sammyb According to http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bloodborne-was-only-possible-on-ps4-dev-says/1100-6422605/ and Wiki 'this need for high-end hardware, and the fact that the PlayStation 4 was presented to the company first, was the reason the game was a PS4 exclusive. Not saying its true but according to a lot of sources, Sony only published it rather than co-developed it although do own the IP/trademark.
@BAMozzy Mate Japan Studio worked on the game. There logo is in the title screen and on the box. Their staff are listed in the credits.
Increased framerate? I guess that means 'no way it'll be 60fps', otherwise they would be touting their horns right now.
Still, better than nothing.
I love FROM, but optimization isn't their strong suit.
Nice still wait for GOTY. Edition before I. Buy this
Tap here to load 12 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...