So far we've seen some decent attempts at PlayStation Move tennis games, but neither Virtua Tennis 4 nor Top Spin 4 quite hit the mark. Now EA Sports is hoping to get in the game with Grand Slam Tennis 2.
The newly announced game continues from Grand Slam Tennis on Wii by including licensed tournaments including Wimbledon and the French Open and a roster of 20 players, including ever-vocal umpire-basher John McEnroe.
Of course we're most interested in the game's PlayStation Move controls, and as its Wii predecessor was one of the first games to make use of Wii MotionPlus we're hoping EA can cook up something seriously impressive for Move in 2012.
EA SPORTS GRAND SLAM® TENNIS 2 COMES
Only Next Generation Tennis Video Game Franchise to Feature Famed Wimbledon Courts
Guildford, UK., – August 11, 2011 – Electronic Arts Inc., announced today that the EA SPORTS™ tennis simulation video game, EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis 2, will be entering the high definition era for the first time and will be available on the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, including support of the PlayStation® Move controller. EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis 2 will feature all four Grand Slam® championships and is the only game to feature Wimbledon. Players can experience the thrill of serving up aces on Wimbledon’s prestigious Centre Court or hitting cross-court winners on the clay courts of the French Open. In addition, the game features a deep roster of elite past and present players and will be coming worldwide in 2012.
“We are very excited to bring the EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis franchise to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 platforms and leverage the graphical power of these high definition consoles,” said Line Producer Thomas Singleton. “Players will now get to experience the excitement and drama of serving it up on famous tennis venues such as Wimbledon’s famed Centre Court.”
Grand Slam® Tennis 2 will include a host of gameplay features including:
· All-New Total Racquet Control: Control every shot with the right analog stick, smashing forehands, backhands, overheads and volleys with precision, accuracy and power. Utilize this innovative control system to take your game to the top!
· Become a Champion: Become a true Grand Slam® tournament champion by capturing all four major championships in succession. The prestige of some of the most historic events in tennis come alive like never before, including the Australian Open, French Open, U.S. Open and exclusive to EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis franchise – Wimbledon.
· PlayStation Move Support: The motion control experience gets you on your feet and puts a racquet right in the palm of your hands. From casual players to tennis masters, you truly have the chance to swing your way to victory.
· Legends of Now and Then: Play with or against more than 20 of the greatest players to ever grace the courts, including Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Bjorn Borg, Maria Sharapova, Serena and Venus Williams and exclusive to EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis franchise, seventeen-time winner of a Grand Slam® tournament John McEnroe.
· Professional, Realistic, Organic (P.R.O.). AI: The playing styles and behaviors of the sport’s greatest stars are captured right down to their signature swings and emotional reactions. Realistic tactics and strategies are your keys to success against each legend whether playing on hard court, clay or grass. The organic artificial intelligence adapts to your game so there’s never a dull moment!
· ESPN Grand Slam® Tournament Classics: Relive some of the most memorable moments in tennis. From Borg versus McEnroe to Nadal versus Federer, play your way through history unlocking up to 25 amazing moments of Grand Slam® tournaments.
· Deep Tennis Experience: Play countless hours of tennis in Play Now mode – singles and doubles, through a 10-year career or battle online. A wide variety of online gameplay features, Photo Game Face and more keep your experience fresh and authentic.
Finally! I've been looking forward for this game!
I was hopeing that they will improve the graphics and the gameplay!
It will be Awesome (look at nadal's slide at the clay! it's so real!)
Well hopefully this company will correct the missing feature from the other developers I want full control with move on all modes and be able to play on line with me mates. I never bought the others games for that reason.
They need to do what is needed, to make a tennis game which features the Move in it's entirety.
Like you mentioned, it hasn't been done right. I was hopeful when I saw VT and TS with move features, but they didn't get it right.
I mean, it was obvious before those games were created that the Move NEEDED a decent tennis game with responsive controls and one which would offer different strokes.
This was already shown in Sports Champions, I mean how good was the table tennis? How hard would it have been to replicate it? They screwed up.
Now someone else is having their turn and they better not screw it up or not give us exactly what we need because people aren't going to hold out for a decent Move tennis game forever.
The reason I haven't bought any move games but own a move is because of this, we don't need any more tennis game that let us down, give us what we need!
Basically, I'm in concurrence with GertMint. The developers need to see what the other developers did wrong and just, not make those mistakes!
I shall wait with baited breath.
Hopefully the Move controls are as good if not better then Virtual Tennis 4.
The Move Controls suck in Virtua Tennis 4.
Tap here to load 6 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...