Packed with superb visual effects, weighty arcade-handling and some glorious camera angles, the thrill of the racing got completely overlooked by the QTEs that followed.

But while EA was probably wrong to focus so heavily on The Run's on-foot sections during its E3 press conference, it did later clarify that these encounters would occupy less than 10% of the game. Which is a figure we're fine with. That of course leaves 90% of the game to focus on pure racing, and based on the footage EA's released today (embedded), we couldn't be more excited.