While Sucker Punch's super-hero adventure might have been the top selling single SKU in June, it did not manage to outsell its multiplatform rivals L.A. Noire and Duke Nukem Forever. But that's ok, we'll forgive it that. Finishing up in third on the multiplatform sales chart is a very good result for inFamous 2.
The June NPD itself painted a pretty bleak picture for the North American games market. Totals sales for hardware, software and accessory sales were down 10 percent year-over-year. This is the third month in the year to see annual decline.
XBOX 360 was the top-selling platform for the month, though its touted figure was supposedly boosted by a number of hardware giveaways. PlayStation 3 didn't perform too poorly though, recording an estimated 267,000 units based on extrapolated figures calculated by NeoGAF.
The full software top-ten can be found after the jump.
- L.A. Noire (360, PS3)
- Duke Nukem Forever (360, PS3, PC)
- Infamous 2 (PS3)
- Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game (Wii, 360, NDS, PS3, 3DS, PSP, PC)
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, Wii, NDS, PC)
- NBA 2K11 (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP, PC)
- Mortal Kombat (PS3, 360)
- Cars 2 (NDS, Wii, 360, PS3, PC)
- Just Dance 2 (Wii)