The firm added that "even haters can play for free". Cheeky Activision.
Call Of Duty: Elite was announced last week amidst much fanfare. The Beachhead developed service will be available in two tiers: free and premium. Activision has yet to announce a price for the premium model.
The FAQ details exactly what non-paying subscribers will get out of the service. The breakdown is fairly comprehensive, including: free custom smartphone and tablet applications, comprehensive stat-tracking, custom leaderboards, map and weapon analysis, video sharing and more. We've included the full breakdown after the jump.
In an additional press release, Activision revealed that it intends to start the Call Of Duty: Elite beta on July 14th. According to the publisher, over one-million users have already registered interest in testing the new service.
We are putting more focus, creativity and investment into every game we make than ever before. By developing deep, connected and engaging experiences we are staying ahead of the innovation curve and offering players unique entertainment experiences, said Activision Publishing CEO, Eric Hirshberg.
We are particularly excited about our new service Call of Duty Elite, which we believe will reset the bar for multiplayer and create a connected entertainment community around Call of Duty like nothing else in the industry. Many of the services key features are free to players of all supported Call of Duty titles, which will elevate fans multiplayer experience beyond anything currently available in the market.
Call Of Duty: Elite is due to launch officially alongside Modern Warfare 3 later in the year.
Activision's summary of free Call Of Duty: Elite services:
- Access Elite through the web as well as Elite's free custom iOS and Android applications for smartphones and tablets
- Communicate any way you want across mobile, console and the web with your friends
- Track and share thousands of stats with friends - k/d ratios, score-per-minute, win % and loads more, all represented in easy to understand charts and infographics
- Create your own custom leaderboards to track friendly rivalries - who is moving up and down in your group of friends?
- Analyse advanced heat maps detailing your match-by-match performance - where you killed or got killed, when it happened, and more
- Analyse your weapons performance - which weapons you are best with in which situations
- Upload and share videos of your greatest moments through our exclusive theater mode with the touch of a button
- Customise your loadout - search through all the weapons, attachments and perks, and push them directly into the game menu from the web or your mobile device with the touch of a button
- Join dozens of groups and find other players with common interests to play with and compete against
- Create a Clan with players who share your interests and taste for competition
- Bring your Facebook friends right into the game, easily taking your existing network into the Call of Duty experience.
- Seamlessly be placed into Groups with those who share your affinities and interests based on your Facebook profile.
- Start tracking your Call of Duty career - everything you wanted to know about your performance across the franchise starting with Black Ops