3 billion to $1.6 billion. An increase in hardware and peripheral sales were credited for the gains, while software shrunk a bit between February 2010 and 2011.
Despite dipping year-over-year, the software charts for February are littered with new games — Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 performed exceptionally, taking the spot directly behind Call Of Duty: Black Ops. Incidentally, the NPD's announced that Treyarch and Activision's FPS is now the best selling game in North America of all time.
Bulletstorm and Killzone 3 both fared favourably, despite having just a week to chart, finishing in seventh and eighth respectively. Elsewhere the dance genre continues to thrive, with Michael Jackson: The Experience, Zumba Fitness and the immortal Just Dance 2 all charting.
The full chart's after the jump.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3/360/Wii/DS/PC)
- Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds (PS3/Xbox 360)
- Just Dance 2 (Wii)
- NBA 2K11 (PS3/360/Wii/PSP/PS2/PC)
- Dead Space 2 (PS3/360/PC)
- Zumba Fitness: Join the Party (PS3/360/Wii)
- Bulletstorm (PC/PS3/Xbox 360)
- Killzone 3 (PS3)
- Michael Jackson: The Experience (Wii/DS/PSP)
- Mario Sports Mix (Wii)