Fable III's topped the charts apparently. Y'know, we're in a little PlayStation bubble here, but we still like to consider ourselves savvy about the industry in general. We had no idea the Fable franchise was a big deal. Conceptually it's actually always appealed, but there are always so many reports about the franchise failing to deliver on its creative promises. Fable III sounds no different. Weird.
Elsewhere the charts pretty much as you were. FIFA's up there, Fallout: New Vegas is lingering in the top ten, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II debuted in fifth, and The Sims 3 entered in the ninth spot.
The biggest omission this week is Rock Band 3, which only managed to scrape the 26th spot in the all-format charts. We went into Rock Band 3 as complete and utter cynics (DJ Hero aside, we're done with music games) — but it's actually really, really good. Perhaps the cost of new peripherals is putting some folks off.
The top ten as provided by Chart-Track:
- Fable III (Lionhead Studios, Microsoft Game Studios)
- FIFA 11 (EA Sports, EA)
- Fallout: New Vegas (Obsidian Entertainment, Bethesda)
- Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (LucasArts, LucasArts)
- Medal of Honor (Danger Close/DICE, EA)
- WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011 (Yukes, THQ)
- Professor Layton and the Lost Future (Level 5, Nintendo)
- The Sims 3 (EA Games, EA)
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Team PES, Konami)