How many chapters are there in Mortal Kombat 1? Like past NetherRealm Studios games, Mortal Kombat 1's Story Mode is split into a number of chapters with each placing you in the shoes of a different Kombatant. As part of our Mortal Kombat 1 guide, we're going to answer the question: how many chapters are there?
Please note, while we won't be posting overt story spoilers in this article, some of the chapter titles and characters may be considered spoilers.
How Many Chapters Are There in Mortal Kombat 1?
Mortal Kombat 1's story takes places over 15 chapters. Most chapters in Mortal Kombat 1 consist of four sub-chapters (which usually matches the number of fights in a chapter), with some chapters having a few extra battles.
A full list of all chapters in Mortal Kombat 1 is below:
- Chapter 1: The New Era – Kung Lao
- Chapter 2: Mr A-List – Johnny Cage
- Chapter 3: Chosen One – Raiden
- Chapter 4: Secrets and Lies – Kenshi
- Chapter 5: Weird Science – Baraka
- Chapter 6: Upward Climb – Ashrah
- Chapter 7: Narrow Escape – Reptile
- Chapter 8: Band of Brothers – Sub-Zero
- Chapter 9: Civil War – Scorpion
- Chapter 10: Protect And Serve – Li Mei
- Chapter 11: For The Empire – Sindel
- Chapter 12: Queen's Gambit – Mileena
- Chapter 13: Deadly Alliance – Shang Tsung
- Chapter 14: Time Of Death – Liu Kang
- Chapter 15: Armageddon – N/A
The final chapter is unique as you can select any of the games 23 fighters to take through it. However, barring a few different characters available to fight, the chapter remains mostly the same no matter who you pick.