In good company
Afterimage is a beautiful hand-drawn Metroidvania-style game with satisfying melee combat and a gratifying array of options with which to overcome its many tough boss encounters. Fans of Hollow Knight and Blasphemous will likely find much to love here as it has in common a similarly excellent visual aesthetic, tense platforming...
Said to be more than 30 hours long
The huge Metroidvania game from developer Aurogon Shanghai, named Afterimage, has been handed a new PS5, PS4 release date of 25th April 2023. First thought to be out this year, the 2D title now adds to 2023's busy release schedule, releasing in between Horizon Forbidden West DLC Burning Shores and
Sure is a looker
Afterimage is a 2D Metroidvania that features fast-paced combat and an arresting hand-drawn art style. It's coming to PS5 and PS4 this Winter. Featuring diverse character builds, non-linear levels, and an in-depth narrative set in the vast and ruined world of Engardin, Aftermimage will likely scratch that Metroidvania itch we all...
Afterimage is a hand-drawn 2D action adventure that emphasizes fast-paced combat with diversified character builds, non-linear levels, and a gripping storyline set in the ruins of a fantasy world. Years after the cataclysm called “The Razing” nearly brought an end to the human civilization, an amnesiac girl named Renee awakens among the ruins of the city’s capital. To recover her lost memories, she embarks on a journey to rescue her mentor, inexplicably setting into motion a series of events that will determine the fate of the new world.
- Explore a non-linear world - unearth the secrets buried deep within the ruins of the vast interconnected world of Engardin. Interact with over 50 different NPCs, each with their own story and purpose. Learn more about their role in Engardin through side quests!
- Fight over 170 varieties of enemies, including 30 tough boss encounters.
- Deep RPG mechanics allow for diverse character builds – over 200 different equipment to collect and choose from including 6 classes of main weapon, sub weapon, armor and accessories. Invest talent points into a variety of stat upgrades and unique weapon skills for each class of weapon.
- Determine the fate of the world – discover multiple endings depending on Renee’s actions that will shape the future of Engardin.
- Stunning 2D art style with animations hand-drawn frame-by-frame.
- Discover new abilities and new Afterimages that grant unique benefits in your exploration and combat. Use these skills to access new areas, shortcuts, and master these in combat to defeat more difficult enemy encounters!
- Over 40 original orchestral tracks composed by the Aurogon Sound Team and fully recorded by International Master Philharmonic Orchestra and other various musicians.