Good question, yo
What is Borderlands all about? Something to do with a Vault and bi-century openings and keys and Skags. Yes, lots of Skags. Look, Borderlands is a co-operative "RPS" (that's Role Playing Shooter if you've been following trends), in which you control one of four character types in a heavily stylised world. Choosing between...
Sorry, no Borderlands screenshots yet.
And it's official: Borderlands 3 has gone gold, meaning that the game's ready to ship ahead of its 13th September release date. The announcement comes direct from developer Gearbox, which posted on Twitter: "We are pleased to announce that #Borderlands3 has gone GOLD! Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make this happen! We’ll...
Sound the Siren
The forthcoming PlayStation 4 port Borderlands: The Handsome Collection will not include the original Borderlands, so franchise fans may be relieved to learn that multiplayer has been patched back in to the ageing PlayStation 3 release. The title was rendered offline-only following GameSpy's closure last year, but Gearbox has teamed...
North American PlayStation Plus subscribers will get the opportunity to shoot some skags next week, when Borderlands is added to the service’s Instant Game Collection. That's not a bad way to get hyped for the shooter's impending sequel. Other upcoming offers include discounts on Daytona USA and Greed Corp next week. Meanwhile, Space...
Queue 'em up
Lost amongst the hustle and bustle of GamesCom 2012, Sony has announced that it has refreshed the PlayStation Plus section of the European PlayStation Store. Subscribers will now be able to download Borderlands and Just Cause 2 for free, with huge savings on both of the titles’ DLC packs. There are also 20% launch discounts on both...
Borderlands combines the best in first-person action with player customization and vehicular combat to deliver an exciting Role-Playing Shooter experience.
The game features a groundbreaking content generation system allowing for near-endless variety in weapons and item drops. Borderlands allows for multiple players to share the same game experience simultaneously online in co-op gameplay. Players can freely join or leave each other's games at anytime, or choose to play in the full single-player mode. These features, along with a rich and deep fiction that touches upon the mysteries buried beneath the surface of a danger-filled planet, combine to form a breakthrough experience that challenges the conventions of modern shooters.
- FPS Action Meets RPG Character Progression: Players can choose from one of four distinct characters and earn experience and gain proficiency in a number of specialties as they do battle with enemies. Upgrades can be invested in a wide variety of special abilities, allowing players to create a fully customized character that is tailored to their playing style
- Co-op Engineered Game Design: Borderlands is built from the ground-up to be an exciting and intuitive co-operative multiplayer experience that rewards players for investing in specific co-op skills
- Radical New Art Style: Fresh and exciting new visual style combines traditional rendering techniques with hand-drawn textures to paint a unique and eye-catching spin on the First Person Shooter genre
- Gun Lust: Choose from an arsenal of hundreds of thousands of weapons, each with their unique manufacturers, specifications and advantages. A revolutionary new content generation system produces almost infinite tools of destruction
- Intense Vehicular Combat: Get behind the wheel of and engage in intense vehicle-to-vehicle combat, complete with extensive damage modeling and spectacular explosions
- Next Big Original IP From Gearbox Software: Experience the action and creativity derived from the pedigree of one of gaming’s most consistent and respected developers