Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 1,585

Ralizah

There was a physical sale on the Gamestop website, so I got Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack, Owlboy, and Wargroove for $10 a pop. All on Switch. Now I'm just curious how many of them come in their original cases, as, from what I understand, it's pure chance, on your part, whether you get them or not.

@KratosMD Older Layton games have a bad puzzle here or there. But considering the hundreds of puzzles on offer, it's not a big deal.

Layton's Mystery Journey is like if the bad puzzles from previous games were all the puzzles.

And it has the worst story in the series by a country mile.

But... I hope you enjoy it anyway. It's a soft reboot, so it doesn't really matter when you play it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@KratosMD I’m sure @kyleforrester87 will be chuffed you’ve picked up HLD, I’ve seen him mention it more than a fair few times!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

kyleforrester87

Of course I am 😂 No but really, HLD is amazing. Hope you enjoy it.

And you should have played it BEFORE Hollow Knight. Like, the day it came out! I do prefer the atmosphere in HLD and the combat is more engaging, in my opinion. Top tip - go north first.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD it’s not super difficult, but it’s certainly no button masher! You do get into a groove once you’re used to the combat. And the soundtracks amazing (by the guy who did Fez’s)

Might play it again myself, I’ve cleared it over 10 times 😂 very rarely do I play a game more than once (or even to the end, lately!)

kyleforrester87

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 That explains why I got annihilated and ended up dropping HLD, I didn’t go north! It’s one of those games I absolutely have to revisit.

kyleforrester87

@nessisonett @KratosMD lol I certainly did not mean to suggest north is the easiest route! You only really have 2 options from the get go anyway, but my suggestion is the more fun way to play it, in my opinion 🙂

kyleforrester87

RogerRoger

@KratosMD You buy the most interestingly-named games! I've been at this gaming lark my entire life, and I still delight at some of the titles I see popping up all over the place.

Hope you enjoy the latest additions to your ever-expanding collection!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@KratosMD ...or worse, just doing away with numbers and subtitles and causing confusion (I'm looking at you, Tomb Raider and Hitman and countless others)!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

Purchased a couple more Switch games:

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (I'm excited to test out the crossplay functionality with my PC version)
Shantae and the Seven Sirens

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

carlos82

I've managed to get hold of a CRT so have ordered Virtua Cop 2 for the Saturn with it's light gun. I have also just bought a modded Dreamcast so I can just put Dreamcast games on an SD card and play some classics that I just can't get hold of (or are too expensive) such as Giga Wing 2 and Canon Spike which for those unaware is a king of Smash TV style game where you can play as the likes of Cammy, Arthur (Ghosts and Goblins) and Megaman

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Thrillho

@carlos82 RE: lightgun games, I remember a friend having the Resident Evil one on PSone which was good fun.

It had an interesting mechanic in that you could control the walking to a degree and it had a few different routes through the game. Plus, it obviously had a lot of the recognisable enemies from the RE games.

Thrillho

mookysam

Got me a Mega Drive Mini. Yay! It is more cost effective to get the Mega Drive Collection on the PS4, however I simply couldn't resist having an adorable miniature console and replica controllers. It also has some games that aren't available in the collection.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

carlos82

@mookysam you say that but with the mini you can add games pretty easily, including fan translations and homebrew and you get more suitable controllers to play them

@Thrillho never played that one, I remember it didn't review well at the time but I think it'll be worth a look

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

nessisonett

@carlos82 Ooh, I’d love an old CRT for PS1 games, Ridge Racer Type 4 and Gran Turismo 2 especially. The lack of input lag is also really great for retro games, platformers would be actually beatable 😉

carlos82

@nessisonett yeah I forgot how much more responsive they are, I currently use my PS3 for PS1 games but I think I'm gonna have to pick up a PS1 to play them on that

themcnoisy

I've put my Snes mini for sale On Ebay. It's okay but I can't get into any of the games, they are just a bit too old to enjoy - played Mario RPG, Star Fox and SMW. They are all awesome for old games but I felt like I was wasting my time.

Hopefully some mini Gen 6 consoles make an entrance. Would love a Gamecube mini or Xbox mini.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

LieutenantFatman

Recently purchased a few games for the Vita in the sales such as Salt and Sanctuary. Finally decided to start Flame Over which we had on ps+ ages ago. It's quite challenging at first but I think I'm getting the hang of it. I did fancy the idea of being a fire fighter when I was at college so maybe this is the next best thing?

I'm wondering when they'll turn off all online support for the Vita, so I figured I should probably get to it sooner rather than later.

Edited on by LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

nessisonett

@KratosMD Timespinner’s worth a go, it’s not the best designed or longest game in the world but it’s pretty good as far as indie Metroidvanias go. I played it on Vita and the plot’s interesting and there’s multiple endings that go in totally different directions.

nessisonett

@KratosMD Oh wow, I didn’t realise you hadn’t played Symphony of the Night. Get on that, it puts most of these lesser Metroidvanias to shame!

Zukato

Arc the Lad Collection acquired. Includes Arc the Lad, Arc the Lad II, Arc the Lad III, and also Arc Arena: Monster Tournament. Got it for a pretty good price.

Faithful to Jesus.

PSN: ZukaHoly | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic