Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 801 to 820 of 1,585

Ralizah

@KratosMD I liked Ys VIII a lot, so I've been wanting to try out one of the more isometric, old-fashioned ones. It'd have to be pretty bad to not be worth the price.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

belmont

By the way YS Origin is cross-buy on the Vita-PS4. I play YS VIII now and Origin is the only one officially released that I have not played yet.

belmont

DerMeister

I ordered one of the few fighting games I haven't gotten into: BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger. Ordered it last week and it came in yesterday. It was specifically a limited edition that also has a soundtrack and an extra blu-ray disc. It was $12, so I figured I'd go for it, hey?

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Ralizah

For $12 on Humble Bundle, you can snag PC copies of the Spyro and Crash Bandicoot remastered trilogies. So I did just that.

There's also a recent-ish CoD game that I got along with them, so I figure I can try out the single-player campaign in that. I haven't touched a CoD game since Modern Warfare first released.

Edited on by Ralizah

belmont

@Ralizah Just a heads up... I am assuming you get Steam codes that you can gift?

belmont

Ralizah

@belmont Well, you can either gift or redeem the code you get for each game.

Haruki_NLI

I finally succumbed and got myself a Switch Lite.

Immediate thought, I like the click Joy-Con buttons but ZR and ZL feel like some of the best triggers I've ever pressed. My Lord.

I'll give detailed thoughts once I've messed around with it.

I also got my sister PLG Pikachu, and Mario Kart 8, and Sonic Mania for her soon to be yellow Switch Lite, and got Mario Kart DS, Dragonball FighterZ for myself.

And then the weird obsession with retro games continues, I got a Mega Drive Mini. The buttons are...let's say loud, and it's weird playing something like Wily Wars with no slowdown, but this is a quality product. My fear of ATGames jank is gone.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

RogerRoger

@MadAussieBloke That looks really neat! Here's hoping the Kickstarter goes without a hitch.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Here's hoping your bargain Switch purchases pay off, particularly since the latter has received a massive price cut inside of its first year. I'm sure you'll get your money's worth, at least, if only to satisfy your curiosity and / or to find out why it's going so cheap!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@KratosMD Cosmic Star Heroine is... OK. Not great. It didn't feel very fully fleshed-out to me. But I do love the Sega Saturn-esque aesthetic.

belmont

@KratosMD I love Cosmic Star Heroine played it on the Vita did everything, got the platinum etc. A good Saturn-Phantasy Star-Cyberpunk hybrid that works.

belmont

RogerRoger

@KratosMD That actually does make a lot of sense, thank you! You're my new thing I learned for today.

Thinking back, it is quite regrettable how indie games are often launched at half the price of Triple A blockbusters, and yet my knee-jerk reaction has invariably been "hmm, it's an indie game so I'll wait for it to be cheaper" (and my friends do the same, too).

Well, here's hoping you've purchased two fantastic games, then!

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

Just pre-ordered the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077 from Best Buy. Supposedly it comes with all the normal physical extras (CD, compendium, stickers, etc.) in addition a steelbook. I own pretty much nothing physically on PC, but I'll gladly put a handsome Cyberpunk steelbook on my shelf.

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah Think I've got the same for PS4 from Amazon, think it's the only place you can get the steelbook from here in the UK.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, I pretty much never order from BB, but the steelbook seems to be exclusive to them in the U.S., from what I can tell.

It won't be useful for the PC version (comes with a code instead of a disc), but, if I ever get the eventual PS5 version, I'll use that steelbox as my case.

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah I was thinking that it's rare to get discs with PC releases these days!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

darkswabber

I bought a CIB red gameboy pocket alongside a CIB ghostbusters 2, lion king, paper boy 2, jurassic park and mickey mouse for it, and also tetris and mario land with a manual and a loose mario land 2. That same day I bought super mario strikers for the gamecube and prince of persia trilogy for the ps3 (all 3 games in cases with a cardboars sleeve to hold them toghether.)

The weekend after I bought mario kart ds, mario kart 7 for the 3ds, castle of illusion starring mickey mouse for the mega drive and CIB V-rally edition 99 and MRC: multi racing championship for the n64.

The weekend after my parents found a mint tabletop snoopy game & watch for €75 and bought that for me as a gift.

And yesterday I went to the retro gaming expo in hengelo and bought a CIB super mario land, ducktales and wario land for the gameboy, CIB wario land 2 and 3 for the GBC and CIB wario land 4 for the gba. I also bought a CIB pokemon snap for the n64, bubsy 2 for the mega drive, learn with pokemon: typing adventure for the ds, DOOM and duke nukem 3D for the sega saturn, chu chu rocket for the sega dreamcast and my best purchases of all, marvel vs capcom 2 for the sega dreamcast.

And to cap it of, everything again but formatted more nicely.

Gameboy
Mario land 1 (with manual)
Mario land 1 (CIB)
Mario land 2 (loose)
Tetris (with manual)
Ghostbusters 2 (CIB)
Lion king (CIB)
Paperboy 2 (CIB)
Mickey mouse (CIB)
Jurassic park (CIB)
Wario land (CIB)
Ducktales (CIB)
Red gameboy pocket console (CIB)

Gameboy colour
Wario land 2 (CIB)
Wario land 3 (CIB)

Gba
Wario land 4 (CIB)

Ps2
Prince of persia trilogy (boxset)

Gamecube
Mario strikers

Ds
Learn with pokemon: typing adventure (CIB including the keyboard and longbox)
Mario kart ds

3ds
Mario kart 7

N64
Pokemon snap (CIB)
V-rally edition 99 (CIB)
MRC- multi racing championship (CIB)

Game&watch
Snoopy (tabletop)

Mega drive
Bubsy 2
Castle of illusion starring mickey mouse

Saturn
DOOM
Duke nukem 3D

Dreamcast
Chu chu rocket
Marvel vs capcom 2

Also these were my first saturn and dreamcast games and my first CIB GB, GBC and N64 games.

darkswabber

PSN: darkswabber | Twitter:

Thrillho

@KratosMD The XCOM games are great but the first one can really punish you for taking your eye off the ball. You really need to invest in satellites or things can go south quickly. Similarly, if you don't research the better weapons at the right speeds you can fall behind quickly.

If you enjoy the game, XCOM2 improves the game in so many ways and the War of the Chosen DLC improves the game immeasurably so I highly recommend them!

Thrillho

Thrillho

@KratosMD The urge to “save scum” in XCOM is so strong when the enemy has a single move that wipes out your best soldiers or when a 95% hit misses and that unit then kills your soldier.

You will almost certainly mess up a run but that’s part of the experience, no matter how annoying it is to have to start again.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic