Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 701 to 720 of 7,479

Octane

@Tasuki I see, well if you already played the Wii U version, the Switch version may be of less interest to you. What about Golf Story? It's exclusive, and it looks pretty good. I haven't played it yet, but I do plan on getting it some day. Mario Odyssey comes first though.

Octane

Ralizah

So, what little we've seen of SMT V looks great so far. Really anxious for a release window, though: this is, far and away, the game I'm most excited about on the platform.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Tasuki

Quick question regarding multiple users on the Switch. So I have a profile on the Switch and so does my son.

Is it like the PS4 where we can have our own save files on say Super Mario Odyssey or do we share save files and how do we switch profiles?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Haruki_NLI

@Tasuki You have your own files

And you select your profile when you start a game.

Literally. Pick a game. Pick your user. Loads the relevant data. No logging in and out all the time. Just choose who you use on a game by game basis

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

The Switch handles user account switching so much better than the PS4.

Now if we could just get cloud saves...

PS_Nation

Shin Megami Tensei V is coming to Nintendo Switch, looks like it will be exclusive.
I never played Shin Megami, looks like that Persona is a spinoff of SMT, right? I really loved Persona 5, one of the best games that i ever played it, now it's time to play SMT.

PS_Nation

Ralizah

@PS_Nation One of the things I liked about Persona 5 is how it reintroduced some core SMT features that were lost in previous Persona games. Like more of a focus on unique dungeons, the use of guns in combat, and, of course, the most famous aspect of SMT: demon negotiations.

Persona is funny, stylish, and psychological whereas SMT is more dark, philosophical, and apocalyptic.

Edited on by Ralizah

PS_Nation

@Ralizah Awesome, i will probably really like it then, thanks for the info.

PS_Nation

Ralizah

So... Gamecube controllers are now fully usable on the Switch as of the latest update. This bodes well for the re-emergence of the VC. Or at the very least an updated port of Smash 4.

@PS_Nation I'm a little disappointed that the PS2 SMT games weren't re-released on PS4. Nocturne and the Digital Devil Saga games would have been brilliant remasters.

Edited on by Ralizah

Tasuki

Yeah Gamecube Controllers work but you need the Wii U adapter and it has to be the official one. I have been hearing from several places that the off brand ones wont work at all. This is great news, especially if you have the adapter and a few controllers laying around. I am just wonder if it works on all games or just a few or what.

My Backlog

Gamer83

A bit off topic compared to what some of you are discussing but I'm always looking to build up my friends list. Friend code is SW-0198-3768-6880.

Gamer83

Tasuki

@Gamer83 I don't know but friend code exchanges just don't mean much to me on Nintendo hardware as it does on Sony or Microsoft hardware. I think it's cause of the lack of an achievement system so you can't compare games really and I really don't play many Nintendo games online, in fact I think MK8 is the only one I played online.

My Backlog

Gamer83

@Tasuki
I don't play online a lot either, but I like to see what friends are playing and there's always a chance I could buy a game that has online multiplayer that I can really get into. Splatoon 2 for example, first game I can remember in a long time where I've put aside the solo campaign to play against other people instead.

Gamer83

Octane

@Gamer83 I'm always up for some Splatoon 2! We often do a few rounds of Salmon Run during the weekends over at NintendoLife!

Octane

Gamer83

@Octane
I work long shifts on weekends but if I can make it happen, I'm going to try to join in on one of those. I know I've played random games with and against people from NLife when I have time on my off days. Don't use voice chat but don't feel like that's had an adverse effect either.

Gamer83

Octane

@Gamer83 None of us use voice chat AFAIK, way too convoluted to set up.

I don't have much time from Monday till Friday, so it's usually just the weekends for me. Though Odyssey is coming out this week, and I expect that will take over most of my gaming time for the coming weeks.

Octane

Gamer83

@Octane
Yeah, come Friday, the only game that will matter for at least 3 or 4 weeks will be Super Mario Odyssey. That's of course assuming it lives up to the hype. I'm fairly confident it will, based on what I played of an in-store demo it's pretty damn good.

Gamer83

Ralizah

I've still yet to play the SMO demo. Glad to hear people are enjoying it so much. I'm expecting to really love that game!

Oh, and I tried out BotW with a GameCube controller! It... wasn't a terribly pleasant experience. Not enough buttons. I could see ARMS and MK8 playing well, though.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic