Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 3,581 to 3,600 of 7,477

Ralizah

@Hego Have you play 1 - 3 via NSO? I can't say I think much of the NES ones, but ALttP is a stone cold classic, and, even more than Ocarina of Time, the entire series kind of sits in its shadow.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

mookysam

@Ralizah Enjoy Dragon Quest XI. Have you picked up the full game?

Hmm I reckon Breath of the Wild 2 will be a 2020 release. Hope so anyway. But first, Pikmin 4!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Ralizah

@mookysam Oh yes. I've had DQXI S preloaded for half a month or more. And I already finished the (long) demo, so I'll just pick up from that. It's a fun and gorgeous game. Grinding is much less tiresome with the faster battle speed option, too.

Man, Nintendo said something about Pikmin 4, like, 3 years ago, and it has been radio silence since. Although my personal opinion is that we'll get both a port of Pikmin 3 AND Pikmin 4 in 2020, since they're starting to run out of big franchises to look to for new core entries.

I do hope Nintendo is a bit quiet next year, though. It's going to take all year to play Animal Crossing/FFVIIR/Cyberpunk, and I know for a fact the PS4 is getting a number of Japanese games that I'm looking forward to (Shin Sakura Taisen/Ys IX/Persona 5 Royal/etc.) I can't actively play a bunch of new releases across both systems. I just don't have the time.

Edited on by Ralizah

mookysam

@Ralizah I've a feeling that a year from now we'll still be wondering where Pikmin 4 is. It'll eventually become one of life's great mysteries.

With you on needing the breathing space! My goal is to get through my PS4 backlog before the launch of the PS5, which will be hard enough with Persona 5R and Final Fantasy 7 coming. I'll still be playing last year's Switch games in 2020, let alone this year's.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Octane

Ralizah wrote:

since they're starting to run out of big franchises to look to for new core entries.

It's worrying when this is the only reason why they'd release a new Pikmin game

Metroid Prime is still years off, but I reckon BOTW 2 is next year. Animal Crossing, obligatory Pokemon sequels, and hopefully Pikmin 4.

Octane

RR529

I hope we see Mario Golf & a new Kirby game next year (With the more standard Star Allies out of the way, hopefully they'll be able to build upon it and release a Robobot tier game).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JohnnyShoulder

Just give us Metroid next year. Even if it's a Prime trilogy remaster.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RR529

Finally cleared the third level of that car moving puzzle side mission in Astral Chain. That took me quite a few tries, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

belmont

And I ended up getting a Switch Lite. Time to start Dragon Quest S and I ended up preordering Atelier Ryza too. J-rpgs here I come!!

I will post impressions for the Lite after I tinker it for some time.

belmont

Rudy_Manchego

Have gone crazy on pay day and put a (non paid) pre-order in for The Witcher 3. I have it for PS4 but never got into it. Have said it before but I seem to find the time for bigger games on the Switch that I struggle with sat down on the TV. I am also away the weekend after its launch so works perfectly.

Was tempted by a Switch Lite but really don't have much of a need of one. I also think the whole primary console thing will be a pain the backside. Instead, I just got a 200gb memory card as my digital collection is getting a little large!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Rudy_Manchego

So I finished up Untitled Goose Game last night, or at least the first play through with all the main objectives done. I may go back to some of the additional and hidden ones. I liked the game but can't say I loved it. The novelty factor is fun but I thought it wore off. A nice little title, happy to play it but not particularly memorable other than pressing Y for Honk is fun.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Haruki_NLI

Well, the Mario & Luigi series is up in the air given AlphaDream just filed for bankruptcy.

Odd given not long ago they openly stated they were moving towards PS4 development, but I guess that would be why. An urgent need to make money.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

@Rudy_Manchego About what I'd expect. I'll pick it up once it's sub $10. It's a little frustrating seeing this meme game outsell everything else on the eshop.

belmont

OK here is what you all were waiting for my unbiased opinion on the Switch Lite

Seriously the device is very good and I most certainly do not regret getting it even if it costs 240 Euros and not 200 as it should. My OG model breaking for good was a factor in favour of getting one though.

I played Link's Awakening, YS 8 and Chasm. The screen is very good but I don't have the OG model to make a comparison so I will post one if my OG model is repaired. The device is very comfortable in my relative big hands and being less heavy helps in longer play sessions. The battery has slighty better life. The device is still prone to heating like the OG model but the whole unit feels steadier but it still feels like holding cheap plastic. The feel of the buttons is way better than the OG model. To be honest I wish the Lite was an option from the beggening. I like it better and sort of regret getting the OG model. If you mostly play portably I recommend it. The only game I played docked was Xenoblade 2 and I played it docked only because performance in portable mode was a joke. In EU inflated prices it is still 100 euros cheaper the the dock model.

If you want something more about the Lite fire away. It certainly feels like the Vita successor I wanted for a while now.

Oh my god though do not buy the Switch version of YS 8 if you have the Vita one, it only playes slightly better. Is is me or this game has way many sexist and fart jokes that I don't like?

belmont

Rudy_Manchego

@Ralizah Yeah it is possibly a little overpriced as is - a sub £10 purchase would be a recommendation. Less to do with length but I found it a little repetetive.

Ralizah

@belmont I... don't remember sexist jokes in Ys VIII. Sahad might have made a few baudy jokes about flatulence (he's that kind of earthy character), but I don't recall it happening to the point where it felt gratuitous.

Yeah, I finished Ys VIII on Switch, but I wouldn't recommend this port to people. Mostly because the added areas from the PS4 version later in the game run like absolute crap framerate-wise. NIS did a terrible job of optimizing this for the system, so I ended up selling my copy, despite really loving the game overall.

I've not gotten my Lite yet, but I've tried out a family member's. It's just flat out more comfortable as a handheld console thanks to the grippy matte finish and somewhat smaller size (I actually have a couple of grips for the OG Switch that make it quite comfortable to hold, but I hate having to take them off whenever I want to dock the system, and it's still too big for my liking). Games that run at the native resolution look especially crispy on the smaller screen, and sub-native games look slightly less blurry.

My one big complaint is that the D-Pad, while an improvement on the separate buttons, makes diagonals hard to pull off, so it's still not ideal for fighting games or games that involve a lot of diagonal aiming.

Edited on by Ralizah

FullbringIchigo

@Ralizah i'm not getting a Lite because the controler is using the same parts as the standard JoyCon and people are already complaining about the drift and unlike the standard Switch where if need be you can use a pro controller or replace the joycon on the Lite they are built in so if the controller breaks then your buggered

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Ralizah

@FullbringIchigo Well, there's at least one design difference between the normal joycons and what we have in the Lite internally (the big debate is whether it'll actually work to hold off mass drifting issues from happening), and some drifting issues always happen with every controller - people are only hypersensitive about it here because of the publicity the joycon drift issue is getting more broadly. As of yet, there's no evidence that any significant number of Lites will experience major drifting issues.

With that said, I do think your concern is a valid one, so holding off makes perfect sense.

FullbringIchigo

@Ralizah yeah i'm gonna give it a while then get one as a second console, should make playing co-op games with the family easier

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic