Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 5,441 to 5,460 of 5,465

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Do you see a lot of belly buttons in Odyssey then?

Whoops, my bad I miss read that as navel content lol.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

No miss-read at all… there are belly-buttons as far as the eyes can see 🤣

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore It just went up a few knotches on my to play list...

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Korra

Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth
Another very strong entry, though RGG have honed these games to a point of near perfection.
As such, my subjective feelings are that I much prefer to play as Kiryu and find the Japanese locations much more enjoyable than Hawaii. I'd also say that, even as a series veteran, I personally found it too bloated with systems and activities. I can only imagine how overwhelming it is for a newcomer.
All things considered, I'd say it's an easy 8 and I'll be surprised if it's not in my top 5 by the end of the year.
Where would I rank it in series history? Hm, probably somewhere in the middle. A game of excellent quality, but not a favourite.

Korra

FuriousMachine

And now I'm done with all the DLC for Control as well. A bit of an uneven experience with the DLC. The Foundation, as I mentioned earlier, was repetitive and dull and felt extremely padded. The Alan Wake DLC was a lot better, especially if you're an Alan Wake fan. Had a fun boss creature you were chasing all over the place, but also this felt like it overstayed its welcome a little bit. Overall, a really great game with DLC that felt uninspired.

Now on to The Last of Us: Part II Remastered

FuriousMachine

oliverp

@FuriousMachine Ah nice achievement. Cool that you got to the end of the game and played the DLC as well. Was it a hard or easy game, like what difficultly setting did you play it on? Can mention that I have been temped to buy Alan Wake 2 as of late but think that I will wait a little bit more before I grab it hehe.

Edited on by oliverp

oliverp

colonelkilgore

So I started… and finished Spec Ops: The Line today and it was everything and more than I’d been led to believe. Incredible game! An excellent narrative, as everyone always brings up; with themes and storytelling techniques not really seen much in gaming (nor even in film much anymore, mores the pity) but it also plays brilliantly… and what a soundtrack too… capped off with Jimi Hendrix’s 1983… (A Mermaid Should I Turn To Be) during the credits!

I can only imagine what games these guys might’ve produced had they been able to carry on. Will be real keen to see what the writer does with Insomniac’s Wolverine.

Played through on Suicide Mission difficulty (which I found really quite difficult tbh) so god knows whether I’ll be able to make it through the FUBAR run but I’ll be giving it the old college try for sure.

**** DLC!

CaptD

@colonelkilgore Nice, it was viewed as a landmark game back in the day, a shooter with a well told story...shocker.
The fubar difficulty is supposed to be pretty difficult, I didn't even try it back in the day.

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@CaptD yeah I have no doubt mate… I’d say that the Suicide Mission difficulty was already more difficult than… say Crushing on the Uncharted games. It’s gonna be painful for sure 😅

**** DLC!

FuriousMachine

@oliverp There is no difficulty setting in Control, which had me a bit wary at first, as I'm not very good at action games and can get easily frustrated. I needn't have worried, though, as I didn't have any problems with the combat. There were a couple of boss battles that were challenging and required a few tries, but the checkpointing is for the most part fairly generous, so I felt it went pretty smoothly. I would recommend checking out a guide for tips on which abilities to level up first (short answer: health) and, once you acquire the levitation ability, a guide to all the hidden locations. Finding hidden locations gives extra ability points, so this ensures that you're in good fighting shape for pretty much every encounter.
The DLC was another story, especially The Foundation, but at that point you're given the option to activate Immortality and One-Shot Kills from the options menu, which is a godsend for the encounters that may end up becoming more frustrating than fun. At least, it was for me.
Hope you'll enjoy it, should you decide to give it a go. I absolutely loved it!

FuriousMachine

oliverp

@FuriousMachine Iam glad that you enjoyed it man. I think it will take some time before I get to it though.

Edited on by oliverp

oliverp

nessisonett

Beat The Pirates of Dark Water on Mega Drive. I have no idea what that cartoon is but the game was alright up until the insta death pits. And the knockback was horrible. Mostly ok though.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

Finished up this month’s RetroAchievements challenge with a hack of Castlevania Order of Ecclesia where you play as Zero from Mega Man X. I’m way more rubbish at 2D platformers than I thought I was, I played like 4 this month and struggled with all of them. At least GameCube support is coming very soon which is exciting, looks like achievements are coming for games like Super Monkey Ball, Pikmin, Super Mario Sunshine including sets for glitches and speedruns, Smash Bros Melee, 1080 Avalanche and so on. Gives me a good reason to revisit the old classics and play some Cube games I never got round to. Cheevos for Rogue Leader does sound like fun.

Pizzamorg

Finished Infinite Wealth yesterday. My feelings haven't really changed from the longer post I made in the other thread, so I will just summarise. Feels like the general consensus of the game from the community is that this game improved on LAD in basically every way except the writing. This would be fine, but the writing isn't just worse, but a significant step backwards. And for once, I am really with the community consensus on this. IW is way more fun to play than LAD, but the story is genuinely sorta awful and I do feel it makes it a worse game overall.

I will never emotionally recover from Phantom Liberty.

Zuljaras

Just beat Resident Evil 3 Remake for a second time. I wanted to see if I was wrong about it the first time and, unfortunately, I was not.

It is just a sad re-imagining ... it was done fast enough just to cashout. And I do not even count ALL reused assets + whole areas that are from RE2R.

At the ending scene Jill was absolutely right when she said that it was not the T-Virus that destroyed the place ... it was human greed. So poetic

Doctor_BK

Finished Yakuza 0 a couple nights ago. Got through it in a couple weeks, which is fast for me. I had high expectations going into it after hearing such great things about it. I found it to be a little more “boring” than Kiwami 1, but still enjoyed it a lot. I think my expectations caused me to not enjoy Majima’s origin story as much as I could’ve. I was expecting a little more focus on Kiryu and maybe that was why I didn’t enjoy it as much as Kiwami. I also felt like Majima’s transformation at the end was kind of rushed and tacked on. I’m excited to continue the series though. I may take a break from the series to play through the Judgment spin-off. I’d like to play and complete those spin-offs before they leave PS Extra.

Edited on by Doctor_BK

"Flame, dear, flame."

PSN: GrzzlyWzrd | Twitter:

colonelkilgore

colonelkilgore wrote:

Spec Ops: The Line… played through on Suicide Mission difficulty (which I found really quite difficult tbh) so god knows whether I’ll be able to make it through the FUBAR run but I’ll be giving it the old college try for sure.

FUBAR is right… that is enough to give a guy PTSD! I managed it in the end… but have returned from my deployment a different man 🫡

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@CaptD It was horrendous mate, not gonna lie. After 12 hours of hitting my head against a brick wall with it yesterday, I kinda thought it was beyond me. A nights sleep must’ve done the trick though thankfully

**** DLC!

nessisonett

Need for Speed Underground 2. Less focused than the first one for better or worse. The open world is fairly pointless, just kinda gets in the way of racing to make you go across the map just to enter a single race. Finding the garages across the map was good fun though. I had this on the Cube as a kid but was rubbish at it so glad to finally go back and complete it. The final boss was laughable too, compared to how brutal Underground 1 was at the end.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic