Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 3,981 to 4,000 of 5,575

LtSarge

Just finished Mario vs Donkey Kong: Minis March Again! on 3DS. I bought this game on my DSi over 10 years ago but I never finished it. Apparently I was on the last world and had just a couple of levels left and so I managed to beat the main story today. It's a really fun concept and this game has encouraged me now to buy other games in the series, such as Mario vs Donkey Kong 2 on Wii U and Minis on the Move on 3DS. Might also get Tipping Stars down the line.

Anyway, Minis March Again apparently has tons of extra levels after you beat the main story so I might give those a go unless they become too challenging.

LtSarge

ishaajo840

colonelkilgore wrote:

@ishaajo840 well luck for you, you still have Demons Souls, Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls 3 still to play. Enjoy.

Sorry for late reply. Thx a lot , but I believe I will be skipping the DS2 at-least as I don't see the DS games have aged well.

Also to contrary & unpopular opinion, I don't see it a difficult game in-fact I was OP for the 2nd half of the game. I believe it could be the tedium to work again from the last bonfire to the next bonfire if they die in mid-way which causes player to say it's difficult. Moreover it could be only difficult for those who are new to RPG because the game has so many tools, so many weapons/armors & then their upgrades that it should not be a pain for players who have been gaming from some time & invest time in understanding the fundamentals. The last half of the game where you have to kill the 4 lord souls looked liked that they just added extra content to increase the duration of the game as it wasn't that interesting gameplay wise. Also the graphics hasn't aged well with time & the story ..Damn it sucks. Am not a fan of the story for which a whole community has to work together to understand, to assume facts etc. in-fact I will not call it a story itself.

I loved Bloodborne & Sekiro , so was aiming on DS but DS1 didn't gave me good impressions. It certainly has an Aura, all those old-school RPG mechanics, the great level-design & monstreties(look-wise only) etc.

But I will certainly be visiting DS3 as it has been said to be a Kin to Bloodborne & Demon Souls for that next-gen atmosphere of Souls game.

Edited on by ishaajo840

ishaajo840

colonelkilgore

@ishaajo840 fair enough. Personally, I don’t have too much issue playing older games (I probably played more PS3 games than PS5 games since Nov 2020)… but I do get what you’re saying. Well I’m sure you’ll enjoy Dark Souls 3 when you get around to it. 👍

**** DLC!

BAMozzy

Last two games I completed was the Halo:Infinite campaign to 100% completion on Legendary difficulty and also completed the Gunk too - just in time to start Horizon: Forbidden West

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

sorteddan

Have just finished final boss and seen the credits roll on Remnant from the Ashes (PS4 version played on PS5). Did the whole thing co-op with a friend and it was a good fun and enjoyable experience.

Challenge was moderate but not as difficult as I was expecting after reading some reviews. A couple of bosses required multiple attempts and some forethought and good communication between us but proved within our joint capabilities. Probably took in the region of around 10-15hours. Will probably go back to see if we can spawn some of the other bosses and pick up a couple more trophies but unlikely to aim for the platinum.

If you're looking for a co-op shooter to play with a mate and you've got it in the library from when it was on plus then I recommend you give it a go.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

ishaajo840

colonelkilgore wrote:

@ishaajo840 fair enough. Personally, I don’t have too much issue playing older games (I probably played more PS3 games than PS5 games since Nov 2020)… but I do get what you’re saying. Well I’m sure you’ll enjoy Dark Souls 3 when you get around to it. 👍

@colonelkilgore Completely agree. Last Year I played The Witcher 2, Final Fantasy XIII & Prince of Persia 2008 on PC in 4K (on 24" monitor) and they all looked just amazing.

ishaajo840

Ralizah

Spent 5+ hours wrapping up The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve tonight.

It'll take a while for me to get my feelings in order. What a rollercoaster ride this has been!

I don't know where, given a dispassionate analysis, this game will end up settling on my tier list of Ace Attorney games, but I can definitely say GAA2 probably has the most enthralling and emotionally satisfying final couple of hours of any game I've ever played. And despite one late-hour plot twist that is beyond outlandish, it still feels almost fully earned.

I'm a little gutted that my time with these characters is at an end, though.

Will probably check out the included DLC content while I'm letting this experience settle in my mind.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Ralizah That's awesome to hear, high praise indeed. I'm ashamed at how slow my own progress has been with the Great duology, so this gives me an extra kick in the pants. Really pleased to know that the whole thing still holds up after taking long breaks between cases!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@RogerRoger Out of interest, where did you end up stopping in the first game?

In terms of the sequel, it'd be a very bad idea to take a break between cases 4 and 5, since they're heavily interlinked and functionally work as one, much longer story. Case 3 is very climactic in its own right and feels like a natural stopping point, though, so I went ahead and took the opportunity for a breather. Which was the right move, since it allowed me to process what I'd experienced to that point and blast through the final two cases in a few days.

CJD87

Finally 'beat' SIFU...!

My intention was to shoot for the Platinum, but in all honesty I have not had the time to devote to this game that I would have liked - and from tomorrow onwards I suspect I'll be so wrapped up in The Lands Between, that SIFU will be nothing but a distant memory!

I unlocked a fair amount of trophies, and managed to 'spare' bosses #1-#4 as well as conventionally kill. The last boss #5, Yang, was an absolute nightmare. I've not hit a difficulty curve with a boss like that since Isshin the Sword Saint (last boss in Sekiro, took me 2 weeks).

After about 12 tries, I finally killed him... and now feel ready to put down SIFU and look forward to ER tomorrow. My feelings on SIFU are mixed in all honesty... It was only ever supposed to be a 'time-killer' for me (until ER drops) and it served its purpose well. Whilst it was a generous effort from SloClap, and commendable as an experience, I do feel that it borrowed elements from many other brilliant games - and didn't utilise them as well as I've seen elsewhere (Hades, Returnal, Souls/Sekiro etc)

BUT... If you're a self-punishing masochist who can't get enough of very hard games then this is definitely for you! If DLC is released I might go back, but I am satisfied to have completed the base game and certainly feel I got my money's worth during the last 2 weeks playing.

https://ibb.co/4PxwB7s

CJD87

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Still haven't made any further progress since we last discussed it, I'm afraid, so I'm still hanging from that cliffhanger ending after the third case. I keep thinking to return to it on a daily basis but really, if I'm honest with myself, I (unintentionally) tried to play it at the wrong time, and it didn't sink in, to the point where I reckon I might delete my save and start over. Might make the perfect counterpoint to Forbidden West over the next month or so, if I suffer any sandbox burnout. We'll see.

Thanks for the tip regarding the second game; will definitely keep that in mind when I get there! And without wanting to assume, or add any pressure, I'm looking forward to the inevitable review, too!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@RogerRoger I'm not surprised there's AA burnout, considering you blasted through the GBA trilogy in record time. Some people can play through game after game and not have an issue, but I have to pace myself with games in the same series (even ones I love).

sorteddan

Just beaten Hades on Hades for the first time. I know I haven't really beat the game yet and have plenty to do but I completed a run for the first time so I'm pretty buzzing with that.I
😁

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

KilloWertz

@Keith_Zissou That's pretty much how I feel about Uncharted 2 and 3. 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, while 3 was ok but disappointing at the time. I revisited it last year and enjoyed it more, but it's still easily my least favorite of the series.

Edited on by KilloWertz

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Oh no, it wasn't burnout. External factors kept me from concentrating, and I fell back on easier, more immediate experiences that I didn't have to think about. If it were up to me, I'd have completed both games by now, but I still find myself semi-distracted by life, so am opting for more traditional fare. That being said, I can completely understand your point, given how easily I can burnout on other genres.

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@Keith_Zissou That's pretty cool. I don't think I completed any games at age six, if I'm being honest.

nessisonett

@Keith_Zissou Not bad at all! I think I’m the same as @Ralizah, probably didn’t complete any games at 6 as most of the games we had on the GameCube were bloody difficult 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@Keith_Zissou Hey, I still had to use cheats to get past Aquatic Ruin Zone in Sonic 2 when I was eight and, when I played Donut County last year, the final boss killed me twice, so colour me very impressed with your son's achievement there! Well done him!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Keith_Zissou I can reccomend Sekiro next.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic