Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 1,601 to 1,620 of 10,089

Th3solution

@Rudy_Manchego No, you can’t see your own comments’ downvotes, if that’s what you’re asking. So you’ll never know if anyone dislikes what you say!

What I want is the ability to downvote my own comments. Sometimes I say stupid things that I disagree with.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Tasuki

Well, maintenance fixed the busted pipe in the wall today. It was a quick ordeal they had to cut into the wall from the outside to replace the pipe. There was no damage to my place the downstairs neighbor though has a mold situation now.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

RogerRoger

@Tasuki Sympathies; half my bathroom had to be ripped out and replaced this weekend just gone because of a similar situation. I shouldn't complain - a leak was reported on Friday morning and by Sunday lunchtime, I had all my systems reinforced and a brand new shower installed, but it's never nice having your home disassembled and disrupted for any reason.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

I dressed up as Nathan Drake at work today. So far people like it. I won’t lie, dressing up at work is a lot of fun.

Jaz007

RogerRoger

@Jaz007 I've now got an image in my head of somebody dressed as Nate, running away with a bunch of pens and post-it notes from the stationary cupboard, being chased by building security.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Best of luck trying to get that all sorted; that's three of us now!

Check your pipes and seals, everybody.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@KratosMD I'm tempted to give out an advisory to all Push Square members, because it's definitely feeling like a curse at this point... you didn't say "Sammy" three times in the mirror, did you?

In all seriousness, I hope you can locate and fix your problem quickly and easily. Out of interest, do you live in rented accommodation, or do you privately own your flat? I'm lucky in that I rent and the building has an excellent dedicated handyman and plumber, which is how my situation was resolved so quickly over the weekend. Fingers crossed you're the same and it's able to get sorted soon.

Making It So Since 1987

Tasuki

@KratosMD That's good to hear that they fixed it and solved the problem. That's one reason I don't throw grease down the drain. I usually just drain grease into an empty jar or coffee can and toss it in the trash when it gets full. Hopefully nothing for damged.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Wow, that's crazy! Although it's also unfortunate that it often takes a disaster for others to notice a problem in the first place. Must've been whatever was left behind in the pipe from the previous tenant, as well as whatever you've inadvertently added (which was probably nothing at all, but was getting caught by the backlog regardless).

Sounds like you, me and @Tasuki have all gotten things sorted now; I guess better to happen now than in a couple months, in the middle of the holidays. Phew!

Making It So Since 1987

Haruki_NLI

So I'm only working 3 days next week.

I asked for Tuesday off due to my physiotherapy appointment and not being sure what the aftermath would be, and I got it.

I figured they'd swap me into another day, but no, they put it as paid holiday.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

RogerRoger

@Knuckles-Fajita Score, I guess? Is that very unlike your superiors?

Making It So Since 1987

Haruki_NLI

@RogerRoger Not really. They tend to care about the staff and make sure you are accomodated.

I'm just not used to it from any job I've done. Same with being thanked. It's weird.

RogerRoger

@Knuckles-Fajita Sounds like it's about darn time, then.

How's the physio going?

Making It So Since 1987

Haruki_NLI

@RogerRoger Dunno. Initial assessment is on Tuesday morning.

That'll be two months after making my first appointment with my GP, and 6 weeks after referral.

RogerRoger

@Knuckles-Fajita Blimey! That's why I was asking; you'd mentioned it all that time ago, so I assumed you'd be well underway by now. I guess I'd forgotten to incorporate a realistic NHS timescale, my bad.

Hope it goes okay and that things move a little quicker from here on out.

Making It So Since 1987

Haruki_NLI

@RogerRoger Yeah...it's bad. But hey that's the NHS for you.

I'm struggling to fill my day with things now. I work 6pm to midnight, 24 hours per week. Annoyingly that means to make it for work I miss most of the day. So I'm bored.

Jaz007

There are some great games, but everything having a 40 hour minimum runtime there’s days is killing me. It’s so hard to finish games sometimes. I’m playing Horizon and I just realized I’m only 20H in. I should be complaining as the game is fantastic, but realizing I’m just halfway is strangely disheartening. I want to complete games while still moving between them. I remember the days when I replayed games a lot. No more does this happen.

Jaz007

Th3solution

@Jaz007 Yes, I hear ya. I actually wish we had more games in the 15-20 hr range. There is a lot of bloating of the games now. And well... it’s hard to say it’s all bloating, as many games have quality content for the entire 60 hours, but it makes me a little discouraged, like you said. I need to feel like I’m making progress.
There was a point in Horizon, where I felt it dragged a little and I lost interest there in the middle. It was due to the large map and chasing all the icons. I took a break from the game for many months and then went back to it earlier this year. Picking back up in the middle freshly was nice and the game really felt great as I focused on just progressing the story. I also discovered the combat was more fun when I just purchased all the different weapons and tried them all. I was being to stingy with my money before.

But the length, size, and depth of games now is just crazy. I’m playing RDR2 now and although I am blown and away and impressed by it, I can’t say I’m quite having fun with it yet. I like it, but it’s more of a labor to get the world and systems down. The sheer size and complexity of the game means it’s going to take a while to “get into.” I think this is the trend though. AAA games are going to get bigger and bigger. Cyberpunk is going to “one-up” RDR2, then Rockstar or someone is going to “one-up” that game, and so on. Pretty soon games will be 400 or 500 GB and take 50 hrs just to get through the tutorial.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution @Jaz007 Indie titles are the way to go if you ever feel like this. I've done a few times this gen, then I feel I crave those types of games again. If you must play a AAA (said in that annoying Jim Sterling voice) game, the single player campaigns for Destiny 2 and Black Ops 3 are shorter in length, and were available on ps+.

There are other games out there, you just need to think outside the box and maybe come out of your comfort zone. I always try to vary the types of games I play to keeps things feeling fresh.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic