Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 421 to 440 of 3,698

Nei

Has anybody else got PTSD after completing FFXV's hidden dungeon? This thing will become legendary. It's absolutely brilliant and completely insane. The fact this exist somewhere very hidden in a AAA release is just the cherry on the top...madness! Or genius. One of the hardest thing I accomplished as a gamer.

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

johncalmc

@themcnoisy: Are you attempting to do everything in the game? Going for the platinum? Or is it just a leisurely run through the game?

johncalmc

Twitter:

themcnoisy

@johncalmc: The plat has truly passed me by. I'm using the international board which is nigh on impossible to complete, I missed the jecht shot (didn't know it was a trophy), I sold the ultimate weapons as it never explicitly tells you they are the ultimate weapons (they start off weak), due to not having the weapons I've missed a summon, haha not going so well! That 500 missed lightning in a row sucks big time too. So yes I'm just playing to completion then never playing it again. I've been playing the game for over 2 years and am only at the top of mount gagazet.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@Feena: Which dungeon feena? The one with bombs and red giants in it?

johncalmc

@themcnoisy: Good lord, man.

When I was going for the platinum I missed one of the Al-Bhed primers and that was literally the only thing I had left to do. I wept. But then I noticed I had an earlier save and the Al-Bhed primers can be amalgamated between saves, so I didn't have to play any of the game again. I was overjoyed.

It's a super boring platinum, though.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Nei

@themcnoisy: The one you can only access with the flying Regalia. It took me 5 hours to beat it...one of the most frustrating/ rewarding gaming experiences of my life.
It's worth to do it for the experience itself but you can also pick up Genji Gloves and Black Coat in the process.

And good luck with X! The Summons and Celestial Weapons are worth to have! Dodging thunder strikes was really a pain but the other mini games related to unlocking their potentials are a pretty nice diversion from the combat.

Edited on by Nei

WanderingBullet

Been wanting to ask this but do dialogue choices grant you any bonuses?

Huntin' monsters erryday.

themcnoisy

@WanderingBullet extra AP I think.

kyleforrester87

@Feena I've not actually done that dungeon yet (along with a couple of others) as I'm planning on coming back to the game once the story DLCs drop 😬

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

WanderingBullet

Just started playing - need to try to get to Chapt 9 before the Chocobo Carnival ends. Anyone bought the Season Pass?

themcnoisy

@WanderingBullet I didn't, and I reckon a load of fans didn't either. The experience is great for the 45-70 hours you put into it. The conclusion is satisfying and other than to mop up missions there's no point hanging around.

Nei

@WanderingBullet I initially held back but by the end of the game it was clear to me that I wanted more of this ...so I did. But I can see people being content with what they've played., there's tons of stuff coming out this year.

themcnoisy

@Feena yup, pretty much this.

The Final fantasy 12 remaster is due out this year, so whilst FF15 was exceptional, its done for me. The characters outside of the main protagonists and antagonist are of zero interest. MMOs are more suited to the dlc that's been thought up so far and my opinion is if your gonna add stuff later on the Witcher 3 expansion pack route are what's needed, purposefully ditching gladio and prompto for "special episodes" has left a bitter taste In my mouth and has a whiff of Assasin creed 2s missing episode.

Hopefully the extras are good though, it would be nice to revisit the whole game from scratch including the dlc stuff in a few years time.

WanderingBullet

@kyleforrester87 @Feena @themcnoisy I was only gonna wait till they drop the price but am considering getting it since the Season Pass supposedly has items for the limited timed Chocobo Carnival event. Does anyone know if you can still get all the Holiday/Carnival items if you purchase the Season Pass after the Carnival ends?

Hopefully, someone online will post vids on YouTube on how the items look and if they're worth getting.

Oh yeah, is there a 99 amount cap on the amount of items that you can obtain/carry?

@Feena I'm only at Chapter 2 currently, are there are gears worth getting early on?

Edited on by WanderingBullet

WanderingBullet

The lock on is weird - after targeting an enemy with R1 and hard locking it with R3 it stills unlocks when I'm moving about or warping to a warp point.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic