Forums

Topic: PS4 'No Signal' error on 4K TV (but works on 1080p TV and PC Monitor)

Posts 1 to 3 of 3

Osmose152

Good afternoon everybody!

I'm hoping somebody might be able to help me with an issue I'm having with my PS4 (original model, not pro) and 4K TV.

A couple of months ago, I bought a cheap 4k TV to stick in my bedroom to watch at night or play PS4 etc (I bought 4k for the impending PS5 upgrade), the TV itself works perfectly (all of the HDMI ports have been verified with other devices and all work), I have 3 HDMI cables (2: 1.0 HDMI/1080p and 1: 4K HDMI 2.0 cable) and they all have been tested and also work. I'm aware that the regular PS4 won't output in 4K and so the TV should be able to display at 1080p like it does everything else, right?

My PS4 works perfectly on both the standard HD TV downstairs and also my PC monitor, however everytime I plug it into the 4K TV with any of the aforementioned working HDMI's, I get a 'No Signal' error constantly.

Seeing as everything works seperately, I can't think as to why the PS4 won't show up on the TV in my bedroom. I've tried to boot it from safe mode plenty of times also and safe mode won't even show up on the bedroom TV and still gives me a No Signal error.

However, there was one time (out of about 20 different attempts) that my 4K TV displayed a static-y screen and feintly behind all the visual noise I could see the PS4's safe mode screen. I have reset the TV back to factory settings (so there shouldn't be anything interfering?). I'm hesitant to reset the PS4 to default also because of the digital games I have on my Hardrive that I don't want to lose but if it came to it I'd have to give it a try.

If anyone has experienced this issue and knows how to fix it, you'd be saving me from going insane trying to troubleshoot everything I can think of and I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you,

Osmose.

Osmose152

RayReliable

I wouldn’t reset the PS4 as it sounds like the TVs the problem. I world try other devices in the ports first to test to see if they give a signal.

If not there’s your answer.

Failing that I would see if there are any hdmi settings in the menu you can switch. For example my Bravia would only display my PS5 / PS4 Pro in 4K HDR when enhanced mode was enabled (no idea why it isn’t as default anyway!)

If it works fine elsewhere though I won’t blame the PlayStation, definitely a tv issue.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1157-2855-4408
PSN: RayReliable

LordSteev

@Osmose152 I can't be sure, but it sounds like you need to select on the TV which input it needs to read. On the tv, you should have some menu choices such as live tv, hdmi 1, hdmi 2, etc. Make sure you select the one you've got the ps4 connected to. The fact that the tv is saying no signal usually just means it's reading a different signal than the one you're plugged in to. Hope this helps!

LordSteev

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.