The PS5 has been merrily dominating our TV cabinets for over a year and a half now. This beast of a console has amplified our gaming lives in the obvious ways with the likes of incredibly fast loading times, better resolution and framerates, and the immersive qualities of haptic feedback and adaptive triggers. However, quite often the glamour and glitz of the big features overshadow the smaller ones.
The thing is, so many of these little features, either carried over from the PS4 or newly introduced with the PS5, aren’t commonly known — despite being annoyingly obvious in some cases. Believe us when we say we were pulling our hair out when we discovered some of the tips and tricks while researching for a video on the Push Square YouTube channel.
We rounded up 20 of the best tips and tricks we wished we knew over on that channel, and even if there are only a couple that escaped your knowledge, they are key parts of streamlining the entire PS5 experience. Whether they be button shortcuts, or ways to save a ton of money on purchases, each of them comes with their own merit and worth.
Are there any hidden PS5 hidden features that passed you by for the longest time? And which features have we missed out in this video? Let us know down below!
I see the video thumbnail is showing off the dualsense's secret night light button for people gaming at night who're scared of the dark.
No 6 for getting to home was actually usefull i always tap it and play around to get back to home. And no 19 i never knew you could do that pretty good actually.
Damn you youngsters and yer videos! Couldn't make a list for the "reading folk"?
Refuse to watch the video. List pleaSe.
Books are better than films
Double tapping the home button was a new one to me, and I'd forgotten I could change the capture buttons. Other than that the only one I didn't know is one I'll never use (changing your online status)
Anybody fancy summarising so I don't have to watch the video? Please 😬
I have this cool Dualsense feature where if I use my left analogue stick to navigate any menus, for every right movement it jumps back to the left by one, very handy if you overshoot to the right when scrolling and navigating the hub or game menus. Very handy indeed.
[Yes... It's stick drift]
Is it too much to ask for a journalist to type out a list? Especially with all that waffle at the beginning of the vid? I started to do it myself but I’m on my phone and I’d just finished typing out number 9 before the constant scrolling up and down led me to tap something I shouldn’t and I lost my whole comment . You shouldn’t leave it up to your readers to try this though.
Hold PS button in game to go to home screen, then tap PS button to open exchange menu and you can actually choose to close the game you just played.
Not a feature as such but did you know 2 people can be on the same account at one time. Something that was never possible on ps4. So for example when my son is playing fortnite i can also jump onto his account from my ps5 and play his fifa 22
List please. Video was just blah blah without any transmission, so I missed maybe 5 points just because I was thinking, he was talking about same thing... Anyway, nothing new to me. Some things I already knew and made, some are about things I dont use. PS5 UI is still pain in the ass and meaninglessly chaotic. Don't know what Sony was thinking about while making this. Still didn't found out how to wipe out those stupid Activity Cards, that are covering half screen while in quick menu...
@Deljo @riceNpea @WeirdAlUHF334 @PhhhCough
1) vibration, brightness can be adjusted
2) something to do with mic and haptics (idk)
3) mic can be set to off by default in settings
4) long pressing mic button mutes all audio
5) sleep timer for controller in settings or hold home button for 10 seconds to turn off
6) holding home button takes you home, tapping home button opens control bar
7) 'easy screenshots' setting allows for tapping share/capture button for instant screenshots
8) turn off screenshot save confirmation on settings
9) turning on auto upload allows captures to be accessed from mobile app
10) from home screen or store, pressing triangle then x brings up search
11) activity cards (Zzzz)
12) double tap home when playing to bring up trophy tracking and parties and such
Quality of life
13) before logging in, press options to hide online
14) home music can be turned off in settings
15) hover over icons in control center and press options to edit/rearrange icons
16) hover over a game on home screen and press options for menu that allows pinning to home screen
17) Spotify can keep playing even while in game
18) games can be added to wishlist, sale will prompt a notification (very handy)
19) console sharing (in user settings)
20) the PlayStation mobile app
So am I hired?
@zupertramp here's a like, kudos, and a huzzah, for ya! May you live forever..
Child: who was that?
Me: a hero we need..
Oh...and activity cards are really useful for continuing a saved game. No need to load the game and go to the main screen to chose the continue option.
What a fantasticly well put together video. Great tips, well presented and several things I wasnt aware of. One of the more useful pieces on pushsquare that shouldnt be overlooked as I doubt anyone knows all of these......
Not a single feature I didn't know about, pity
Tap here to load 17 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...