Update: This FIFA 22 patch is available to download now on both PS5 and PS4.
Original Story: The next big update for FIFA 22 — Title Update #9 — will remove Russian teams and stadiums from the game, following on from the real world actions of football's governing bodies, which saw Russian teams suspended from all European competitions. This was in response to Russia's ongoing invasion of Ukraine.
Title Update #9 isn't actually available on PlayStation consoles yet, but EA Sports says that it'll be deploying "at a later date". We doubt that it's very far off.
The specific patch notes read:
- Favorite Club selection has been changed to PSG if the Russian national team or any other Russian team was previously selected.
- Removed the Otkritie Bank Arena.
- Removed the Russian national team and other Russian teams.
- Arena player and goalkeeper selections have been changed to PSG players if players from the Russian national team or any other Russian team were previously selected.
- The Russian national team and other Russian teams are no longer available in any competition when starting a new career mode save.
- As a result, these teams will not be present in any competition and players cannot be offered a Russian national team management contract.
- Kit selections have been changed to PSG if the Russian national team or any other Russian team kit was previously selected.
- Players can select different kits.
- Stadium selection has been changed to the default Pro Clubs stadium if the Otkritie Bank Arena was previously selected.
- Players can select a different stadium.
- Removed Russian themed stadium customization items.
We'll update this article when the patch is available to download on PS5 and PS4.