Returnal is in a much better spot now than it was at launch, with developer Housemarque pushing out numerous patches to get all the game's issues under control. It's a far more stable experience these days, but one or two problems do persist. Hopefully, patch 1.4.1, released today, will squash these remaining bugs.
Over on the developer's blog, the team has detailed what this new update does, and it looks like it's mainly fixing some straggling issues. The patch fixes a rare issue with save data corruption, some bugs concerning daily challenges, and a visual glitch when scanning items. It also makes it so that certain Trophies will pop after beating Act 3, so if they didn't trigger for you, you can still earn them. Here are the notes in full:
- Platinum: "Atropian Survival", "Welcome Home", and "Sins of the Mother" Trophies can now be unlocked by replaying the Act 3 ending
- Daily Challenge: Fixed a rare issue where players might be unable to complete a Daily Challenge in the Fractured Wastes
- Daily Challenge: Fixed an occasional issue with incorrect loot spawning in the Daily Challenge
- Fixed an issue which could cause save-game corruption in rare circumstances
- Fixed an intermittent visual issue when scanning new items
The patch begins rolling out from 10am BST this morning, so make sure you get it installed before you boot the game up later. Are you still enjoying Returnal on PS5? Have you run into any issues lately? Grapple hook into the comments section below.