A sequel to The Darkside Detective, which first released on Steam back in 2017, The Darkside Detective: A Fumble in the Dark is bringing its supernatural investigations to both PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 next week, on the 15th April. The game's a combination of point-and-click adventuring, light puzzle solving, and dumb jokes.
Here's a rather comical rundown from developer Spooky Doorway:
- 6 unique cases, the likes of which you’ve never seen before (not a guarantee)
- Uses both pointing and clicking technology
- Music from Thomas O'Boyle, a totally-living composer, definitely not undead
- Photo-Realistic* Pixel Rendering (*Depends on your definition of photo-realism)
- 1 mail-in rebate per customer on exorcism services for hauntings resulting from play
- A brief recap of the events of "The Darkside Detective" for anyone who hasn't played it and doesn't want to
The first game was very well received when it launched a few years back, so we've got reasonably high hopes for this follow-up. Will you be dusting off your trench coat and cracking cases next week? Track down some answers in the comments section below.