As if Naughty Dog needed another claim to fame. Review database Metacritic has published its lists for the best entertainment of 2019 and of the decade, as voted for by its users. Resident Evil 2 -- the PlayStation 4 remake, that is -- was crowned the best video game of 2019, falling in line with our own Game of the Year staff vote here on Push Square.
As for Game of the Decade, it's The Last of Us that walked away with the most mentions, beating out The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (second place) and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (third place) by some distance. The blockbuster PlayStation exclusive first hit the PS3 all the way back in 2013 before it was ported to PS4 as The Last of Us Remastered in 2014.
Here's the full top ten, if you're curious:
Metacritic's Top 10 Games of the Decade
- The Last of Us (PS3/PS4)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4/Xbox One/PC/Switch)
- Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4/Xbox One/PC)
- Mass Effect 2 (PS3/Xbox 360/PC)
- Bloodborne (PS4)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS3/Xbox 360/PC/PS4/Xbox One/Switch)
- God of War (PS4)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS3/Xbox 360/PC/PS4/Xbox One)
- Dark Souls (PS3/Xbox 360/PC/PS4/Xbox One)
What do you reckon? Is The Last of Us a deserved winner? Is this a solid top 10? Listen for Clickers in the comments section below.