Close to the Sun released on PC earlier this year to somewhat mixed reviews, but the Nikola Tesla-inspired adventure is taking another stab at things with a release on PlayStation 4 next month on 29th October.
Tasked with uncovering the mystery behind the disappearance of her sister Ada and the crew aboard the Helios ship, you must help protagonist Rose Archer work out what's going on in this alternate history. The game will be available digitally on the PlayStation Store and physically along with a limited collector's edition, of which only 1000 copies will be made. You can pre-order it now over on Wired Productions' website, and it contains:
- A physical copy of Close to the Sun on PlayStation 4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch
- Stunning Art Deco FuturePAK metal game case compatible with your chosen format
- Deluxe hardback artbook featuring 48 pages of awe-inspiring Close to the Sun game art
- Exclusive Close to the Sun, Faraday Key-Card metal pin badge
- 7” vinyl record featuring the Close to the Sun’s mesmerising titular track by Porcelain Pill
- Ada’s heartfelt letter to her sister Rose, summoning her aboard the Helios
- Numbered and stylised certificate of authenticity
- Premium finish fitted presentation box
- A bonus digital copy of Close to the Sun for the Epic Games Store so fans can enjoy the game in its original format
That's a whole lot of stuff for just under $100, but are you interested in playing the game? Experiment in the comments below.