Chart-Track's just revealed that LittleBigPlanet 2's rightfully topped the British software sales charts, knocking Call Of Duty: Black Ops from its perch. Big congratulations to the guys over at Media Molecule. It's a stunning game and it deserves every success.
LittleBigPlanet 2 was only one half of a big week for PlayStation 3 though. Bioware's anticipated PS3 port of Mass Effect 2 pushed last year's game of the year up into seventh — a very reasonable performance when you consider the game launched 12 months ago on other platforms.
The full top-ten's after the jump. Digest at your own pace.
- LittleBigPlanet 2 (Media Molecule, Sony Computer Entertainment)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (Treyarch, Activision)
- Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
- FIFA 11 (EA Sports, EA)
- Assassins Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
- Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo, Nintendo)
- Mass Effect 2 (BioWare, EA)
- Kinect Sports (Rare, Microsoft Game Studios)
- Gran Turismo 5 (Polyphony Digital, Sony Computer Entertainment)
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (Criterion Games, EA)