Quite badly actually. Well enough for London's public transport to effectively shut down entirely. This means that some Briton's are getting a three-day weekend thanks to the disruption.
What better way than to spend it gaming?
Here are the games we recommend you spend your day playing:
- Ratchet & Clank: Tools Of Destruction (PS3): Weighing in with around seven or so hours of gameplay Ratchet & Clank's debut PS3 outing is the perfect companion for a day spent inside with the warm fire.
- Viewtiful Joe (PS2): If you want little more than beautifully warm colours to take you away from the freezing-hues outside we recommend a spot of Viewtiful Joe's infuriating combat. You'll be hot under the collar before too long. Guaranteed.
- God Of War: Chains Of Olympus (PSP): If being wrapped up in several sweaters, two pairs of trackies and you're favourite Top Man coat is still giving you the chills then it's time to park yourself right in front of the radiator. Be sure to bring your PSP and a copy of God Of War: Chains Of Olympus with you. You'll be set for the next 4-5 hours — just pray you remembered to charge your PSP's battery the night before.
- Siren: Blood Curse (PS3): Much like the way we watched horror movies as teenagers when our parents were out; what better game could you play when the snow literally has you trapped inside your own house? Warning: paranoia may ensue.
- Space Invaders Extreme (PSP): Seriously now, a snow day can probably be used as a good way of getting some work done. Be it for school, college or an actual job, sometimes it's worth catching up while you have the chance. Of course, no one can work all day so why not treat yourself to a quick blast on Space Invaders Extreme to reward yourself for working on an unofficial day off.
- Gun (PS2): If the cold is wearing you down you might want to take yourself away to the warm deserts of the Wild West. The story is heavy but short and the gameplay both fun and interesting. It'll only take a few hours to blast your way through Gun's campaign and by the time you're done the snow will be at the back of your mind. Cowboys will obviously be at the front.
- Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3): Liberty City may well be affected by Rockstar's real-time weather engine but we doubt Niko ever gets cold. How do we know? Well, because we'd hazard that when you spend your life running from A-B, meeting up with hookers and being chased by the police you don't really notice the cold. We're just guessing mind.
- Outrun 2006 - Coast 2 Coast (PS2/PSP): Playing Outrun takes us away from the dull, foggy picture outside our window that is "England" better than anything else. With sunset boulevards, palm trees and blue skies; Outrun is SEGA escapism at it's very, very best.
- Uncharted: Drakes Fortune (PS3): We consider Naughty Dog's Uncharted: Drakes Fortune to be absolutely the best looking console video game to date. The details and the colours scream "hot tropical jungle environment". If only you could jump into your television much like Mario can jump into the paintings in Super Mario 64. Now there's a thought.
And thus concludes our list. But we'd love to hear from you, valued reader. Have you been affected by the snow and which games do you intend to play?