Update: Ghost of Tsushima patch 1.05 is now live around the world, weighing in at 2.78GB. Get it downloaded and let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.
Original Article: A new update for Ghost of Tsushima will be released today (that's the 27th July if you're reading this in the future) on PlayStation 4. Patch 1.05 brings an all-new 'Lethal' difficulty level to the game, alongside a 'Lower Intensity Combat' accessibility option designed for those who may have trouble with the often strict timing required to succeed in battle. The update will also add some welcome text settings.
You can find the full patch notes below.
Ghost of Tsushima Update 1.05 Patch Notes
New difficulty level: Lethal
- Enemy weapons are more deadly, but Jin’s katana is also more deadly
- Enemies are more aggressive in combat
- Enemies detect you faster
- Tighter Parry and Dodge windows
Patch 1.05 will also include the following new options in the accessibility menu:
Lower Intensity Combat
Lower intensity mode is meant to maintain the heart and feel of Ghost of Tsushima combat while relaxing several timing-specific elements. Combat is less intense, giving you more time to react. Stealth settings are more forgiving, and enemies take longer to detect you.
- Most enemy attacks which are normally unblockable become blockable when Lower Intensity is enabled. Blocking with L1 will keep you safe from more attacks than standard combat, though some attacks must still be dodged.
- Enemies break off their attack combos after damaging you, giving you a chance to recover before the next wave of attacks. In addition, your heavy attacks will interrupt attacks from Brutes, giving you another way to stop their combos.
- Enemies will not attack you while you’re using Resolve to heal
- Enemy awareness builds more slowly, giving you more time to recover after being spotted
- Large Text option: Increases text size of subtitles, mission objectives and interact prompts by 150% when enabled
- Added option to turn speaker name off when subtitles are enabled
- New subtitle text color options in addition to white: Yellow, Blue, Red, Green
Patch 1.05 also includes additional bug fixes.
There's no word on a New Game + mode yet -- perhaps the title's most requested feature -- but it's great to see Sucker Punch providing so much post-launch support so quickly.
Will you be using any of these new additions? Try not to be too lethal in the comments section below.