Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 3,021 to 3,040 of 3,152

HallowMoonshadow

Looks pretty similar to the PS1 classic I played on PS3 @RogerRoger! Aside from the filter stuff of course

I think it just helps the areas & locales are very unique and stand out from one another. Plus all the characters are very clearly coloured coded (Which helps make the 3D models stand out all the more).

Even the cities all feel very different like the merchant town Lohan which has new shops and room grafted onto buildings so it's an absolute maze to navigate and the inside looks like a giant dollhouse in some camera shots compared to say Basil which looks like an ordinary castle town.

The 2D elements of the game like the backdrops are REALLY impressive looking for the time.

FFVII definitely is a bit drab. FFVIII is more visually interesting but I think FF IX is pretty colourful and vibrant too and I'm sure our resident FF IX super fan Kyle would attest to that as well!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@HallowMoonshadow Ah, fair enough! I'm less familiar with The Legend of Dragoon so wasn't fully aware of its original aesthetic. Coupled with the fact that its re-release has garnered a lot more attention than your average PSone Classic, I just wondered whether it'd "had any work done", so to speak.

If that's what it looked like back in the day, then I can totally see how impressive it must've been (and perhaps why it's garnered that aforementioned extra attention)!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

MightyDemon82

Untitled

Just getting back into this fantastic game!

MightyDemon82

RogerRoger

@MightyDemon82 Aloy's expression makes that shot. Made me smile, thanks!

@AgentCooper Perfect use of the Spider-Verse suit with those dynamic angles! Nicely done!

I have hundreds of shots from Star Wars Jedi: Survivor but, since it's still early days and I know a lot of folks 'round here won't be clearing it for a while, I'll just share my custom lightsaber hilt for now.

Untitled

Purple blade, of course.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Anti-Matter

Untitled

GOTY 2023 candidate on Switch. 🤣🤣🤣

Anti-Matter

CuteBoyMnM

Got some Resident Evil 4: Remake pics that I've held onto so maybe now is an okay time to share them.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

CuteBoyMnM

PSN: m48blueteam

RogerRoger

@CuteBoyMnM 100% best doggo there! Very tense captures towards the end, too, and that eyepatch suits Leon more than I'd have thought it would! Excellent shots, thanks for sharing!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@CuteBoyMnM Some great shots there mate! You are very good at capturing games in action, something that I generally struggle with.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@CuteBoyMnM Stunning shots (and great choice of customisable cosmetics, too)! The second, fifth and ninth are my stand-out favourites, but they all boast superb timing, as well as your excellent eye for framing action and other objects of interest. Thanks for sharing!

Mind if I ask which platform you played on? Because I'm frustrated by the PS5's Photo Mode, and reckon it'd be much more co-operative on PC, where I'm guessing all of the sliders work properly.

Making It So Since 1987

CuteBoyMnM

@AgentCooper Thanks. I figured Jedi Knight Freddie Mercury would have some appeal plus I think all Jedi deserve to rock it after being forced to suffer the Padawan rat tail.

@JohnnyShoulder Appreciate it. I tend to lack in landscape/environmental shots so action is probably my preferred fallback. I will say that while the lightsaber warp looks cool in motion, it tends to make still shots appear as if Cal is wielding a battle fan sometimes.

@RogerRoger Appreciate the compliments. I played on PS5 with 'Quality' mode although it felt a bit finicky to figure out how to get some settings to look ideal. I've heard complaints about the photo mode from some people I follow so it might be across all platforms, sorry if that doesn't help much.

CuteBoyMnM

PSN: m48blueteam

RogerRoger

@CuteBoyMnM No, that helps a lot, thanks! Means I'm not kicking myself for missing some secret setting or control, and that my shots are as good as I could've made 'em.

There are obviously more important things to patch, but I'm hoping an update improves the mode soon.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Still can't get over the level of detail in the characters' faces.

Making It So Since 1987

Anti-Matter

During playing Animal Crossing New Horizons this morning, I got a request from Reese to take a wedding photoshoot since this month is June.
And this what happened.

Reese asked me to decor the entire room for wedding chapel photoshoot with pink and white colors.
Untitled

Untitled

And this what I gave to her. 😁
Untitled

Untitled

And she still satisfied with the result despite I gave her something completely different. 🤣

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Dance Dance Revolution machine on My Sims Wii. ☺
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Bentleyma

I really enjoyed Burning Shores. It was nice to have a reason to play Horizon Forbidden West again. I played through the base game on a PS4 Pro, so it was a treat to see the game in all its PS5 glory.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic