Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 2,721 to 2,740 of 3,152

RogerRoger

@RR529 Hands down the most adorable golf game ever made, if nothing else! Great shots, especially Toad in his golfing finery, and the Goomba history lesson made me laugh!

@Anti-Matter Nice colour choice! Reminds me of Team Sonic Racing, which is a good thing!

@Zuljaras Definitely one of my favourite things about Arkham Knight, all those subtle tweaks to the environment that then disappear if you turn away for a split-second. I've played that game so much over the years, and I was still finding new hidden details in my most recent playthrough!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Last batch. Took me forever to sort through everything I'd captured.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Definitely need some kind of Photo Mode rehab.

Making It So Since 1987

Anti-Matter

Some vacation houses design I built on Happy Home Paradise Island (ACNH).
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Anti-Matter

TheNomadLad

@RogerRoger awesome shots, they made me miss batman arkham knight (not sure if those shots are from arkham knight or not - but its the batman game i've) and now i'm thinking about re-installing it and going on new game + .

TheNomadLad

Twitter:

RogerRoger

@TheNomadLad Thank you, that's very kind of you! And yes, it's Arkham Knight. I ended up running through it again because Ness was playing it and kept posting about how awesome it was. Like you, somebody else made me miss it, so I hope you enjoy NG+ if you do decide to give it a shot!

@Anti-Matter Great designs! I think the fourth one is my favourite. That, or the first one. I can't decide!

Making It So Since 1987

Anti-Matter

@RogerRoger
Thanks. 😃
Actually I have tendency to build villager's vacation house in HHP island with size
6 x 6 squares (default size) to make it faster in designing as the more square sizes you choose, the more complex and longer time to finish. Depend on their request, the furniture choices I picked mostly basic small house with bed + kitchen + living room in one room like small houses in RPG games. I like to give outfit makeover to villagers in HHP island with some preppy looking outfits like Lopez (picture 1) and Julian (picture 3) or Very jock looking like Groucho (picture 4).
My favorite of all is Rooney house (picture 2) as I love Boxing theme house so I gave him 10 x 10 squares size house to put the Boxing ring that took 4 x 4 squares altogether.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

RogerRoger

@Anti-Matter Yeah, the others look like homes, but the second is 100% gym! Which must be a dream house for villagers who ask for a fitness theme (and I can understand why it's your favourite, too). Nice touch coordinating their outfits, as well. Julian's and Groucho's fit their surroundings perfectly!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@velio84 Those are gorgeous! Love how the motion blur is used to draw focus, particularly in that second shot, where it's still clear how detailed the background environments are. That third shot is also one of those rare moments where using the phrase "photo-realistic" wouldn't be hyperbole. Excellent work!

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Probably my second last batch of photos from Arkham Knight. Really love the photo mode in this game!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Superb work! The fourth and fifth are my favourites, but I also love how you've captured moments I never thought to, such as the vehicle counters and the smoke pellet. Really excellent shots!

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Cheers! I’ve mostly been fiddling around with the settings for brightness and exposure as I’ve realised that it creates some really odd and wonderful interactions with the various filters. The last shot there looks like daytime because of the way the Cold filter works for example, it’s fun trying to find new ways of presenting the same old poses!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Yeah, running through the filters without tweaking the brightness and exposure makes it feel like you don't have many options, but changing all three together really opens things up. I think the Cold filter was my favourite, as well; as you say, it can transform Gotham's midnight into an overcast mid-afternoon, and reveal much more of the object and environmental detail.

I also really like your close-up shots of ol' Batsy, especially that purple profile one!

Making It So Since 1987

RR529

Found a much easier way to access my Steam screenshots, so I might be posting here more often.

Naboo Starfighter
Untitled

Dat sexy LEGO midriff, lol.
Untitled

Sometimes I can't get over how good a LEGO game of all things looks.
Untitled

Sand gets encrusted onto this droid only in sandy areas.
Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RogerRoger

@RR529 Great shots! It's an alarmingly good-looking game, isn't it? Nice to see the PC version being a contender, as some previous LEGO games haven't fared well on the platform. And yeah, I love how the minifigs get weathered on certain planets! Such a lovely little touch!

Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

I wanted to share some screenshots from my playthrough of Mass Effect 1 on the Legendary Edition...

Mako Madness:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
^Mako vs. Shifty Looking Cow
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Landscapes:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

This last one is a blue star but it looks like the planet carries on behind it as if it is sitting in a well in the planets surface...

First Contacts:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
^ New Party Member - Class: Thief
Untitled

Other shots:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
^Strange New Worlds
Untitled
^Ant-Man or the Wasp
Untitled
^Standing on the edge of tomorrow, today
Untitled
^Mother of Dragons
Untitled
^Mother of Dragons II

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

ralphdibny

@ThereThere cheers bud, much appreciated! It's a weird one, I never really felt compelled to mess around with photo mode in games because I normally prefer raw unfiltered screenshots. Something about this game made me want to try it though. I messed around a lot with and as a result learned a lot about things like focus, depth, bloom etc which help with giving extra dimension and accentuating light. I even used filters which I normally wouldn't go near because contrast, saturation and brightness really helped with making them look less cookie cutter. Film grain helps a lot too, to blur out the rough edges that you want to still be in focus!

Oh and of course, the desire to fling the Mako off the highest peaks in the game helped a lot too! 😀

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny Some absolutely stunning work on Mass Effect back there! Sounds like its Photo Mode really got under your skin, and the results speak for themselves. Despite the game's age, it's still highly photogenic, and you've captured some of its best environments brilliantly! You've put some of my own Mako flinging to shame, as well; quite how you've managed some of those skyward shots is beyond me! And I'm loving those last two of your Shepard walking in flame. Very badass! Thanks for sharing!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Oh cool, we can spoiler-tag images now!

Briefly being back on Horizon Forbidden West earlier reminded me about a bunch of endgame and post-game screencaps that I'd taken but never shared.

Just in case the tags stop working, be warned that anything beneath the robo-bear is a spoiler!

Untitled

Traversal Gameplay Spoilers:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Final Boss Spoilers:

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic