Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 2,601 to 2,620 of 3,152

Thrillho

@RogerRoger I honestly don't remember how many of the Killzone games I played as it's been so long since I did.

Kena's photo mode is a middling one with a reasonable amount of features with some decent filters and poses. It would be nice if you could remove the Rot from your shots if you wanted but I liked you could "say cheese" and Kena and the Rot would all pose briefly

@Keith_Zissou Where are you trying to share them from? Personally, I have a dedicated twitter account linked to my PSN to upload shots to as I find it the easiest way to share them. Otherwise, imgbb is my go to website as well and then it's just making sure you get the right URL and then post it between the [ img ] [ /img ] brackets (but without the spaces in there).

Which part is causing you grief?

Thrillho

Jimmer-jammer

@Keith_Zissou when you try to post, what happens? Does it say image not found or nothing at all? Try posting and maybe we can spot something in the code.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma Lovely screenshots from Yoshi up there. It's a beautiful game, to be sure!

@velio84 Beautiful work with the Photo Mode update to Returnal there! Looks like one heck of a stunning game, and its victory in last year's screencap competition was well-deserved. Your shots are superb, with the B&W middle one probably my favourite of the three!

@Keith_Zissou Sorry to see you're having Twitter trouble. Unfortunately I've never used Twitter myself, otherwise I'd walk you through a step-by-step guide. Perhaps try quoting somebody who's linked from Twitter and compare how they've managed to embed their images?

If things don't work out, and you end up giving up on Twitter, tag me. I'll happily create you some detailed, step-by-step instructions for other methods.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Jimmer-jammer

@Keith_Zissou it shows up as “untitled”. Your image tags look good so the link between them must not be quite right. Like Roger, I’m not familiar with twitter, but I know even on imgbb I have to mess with the link (delete certain parts of it) for it to work for me. Not sure why. Maybe someone familiar with the twitter process can jump in (nudge nudge 😉)

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Thrillho

@Keith_Zissou You've put the link to the tweet in, rather than the image.

Like others have said, right click the image and get the image address (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FIu28yLXMAEKBYb?format=jpg) or click on the image to enlarge it and then right click.

And then stick that url into the square brackets...

Untitled

Thrillho

Thrillho

@velio84 Those tentacles from the first biome are great for playing around with in Returnal. One of my entries to the screenshot competition was using them

Thrillho

Bentleyma

@Jimmer-jammer You shouldn’t have to be deleting anything when you post an image from imgbb. Choose the “BBCode full” embed code and that should be the URL you need to post the pic.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Jimmer-jammer

@Bentleyma that’s the impression I was under but for some reason I couldn’t get it to work. “BBcode full” is what I ended up using, but had to delete the bit before the (img) and the bit after the (/img), which are in the BBcode URL already, before it would work for me.

RogerRoger

Keith_Zissou wrote:

Oh and Roger, that gif is superb!

Thank you!

@Bentleyma @Jimmer-jammer The places I use (Imgur and Postimage) offer a "direct link" in their sharing options, which ends with the file format (.png or .jpg or .gif or .whatevs) which I copy and paste into my replies, and then I manually type image brackets around that. Quite often the ones which promise a universal direct link or pre-type the codes for you contain mistakes, or don't work here.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Jimmer-jammer I'm the same as @Bentleyma, I don't need to edit anything when I use “BBcode full” from imgbb, I just copy and paste it onto here.

Sometime there is a link to a website (usually imgbb), but I just delete that before posting it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jimmer-jammer

@RogerRoger interesting, I may try one of those. I’m not happy with the resolution from posting through imgbb, though I’m not sure if it’s something with the capture, the transfer, or the upload…Either way, the “direct link” sounds easier.

Jimmer-jammer

@Bentleyma @JohnnyShoulder that’s weird…I’ll try and take a screen cap when I get home from work. I’m sure mine looks different than that.

Jimmer-jammer

@Bentleyma @JohnnyShoulder

Untitled

This is what mine looks like. Not smart enough to know why.

And these are the only options.

Untitled

Edited on by Jimmer-jammer

RogerRoger

Some random shots from The Amazing Spider-Man on PS Vita.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Lizard is slightly nightmare fuel but despite the era-specific blur, it actually still looks pretty!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Yeah, I think the problem with Lizard in that shot is that I'd just rapidly closed distance on him, so his model is going through an awkward "Quick, load in the close-up detail! Quick!!" transition. There were other mid-fight moments where he looked better, but I couldn't capture them.

Making It So Since 1987

Bentleyma

@Jimmer-jammer Yours look like that because you’re on “BBCode full linked”. Strangely enough you don’t seem to have the option for “BBCode full”, which is the one you want to use to not have to delete anything when you post an image.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Jimmer-jammer

@Bentleyma ahh, that makes sense. Well, why I have the link to delete, not why I have fewer options… Guess it will remain a bit of a mystery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic