Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 2,301 to 2,312 of 2,312

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Thanks! I've just started my NG+ playthrough with Miles (wasn't going to so soon, but then I realised that the all-consuming Mass Effect: Legendary Edition is less than a fortnight away). Looking forward to seeing what you're able to snap!

And great shots from Maneater, by the way! You're right, the lighting looks phenomenal (going from that second pipe image in particular). I doubt I'd eat anybody, I'd just swim around!

@velio84 Blimey, are those atmospheric or what?! Here's hoping for a forthcoming Photo Mode but, even without one, Returnal is one heck of a looker! Great shots!

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind."

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger There's so many filters and borders in this game it's ridiculous.

This border made me laugh so I had to play around with it..

Untitled

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho It's insane how you have to cycle through twenty-odd borders before they even get to the returning ones from the first game. I saw that border you've used and had a similar reaction, although I haven't found the right image for it yet (and don't think I have to now, as yours is brilliant)!

I did use this one earlier, though.

Untitled

PlayStation emailed me a code for an additional frame as congratulations for me earning the game's platinum trophy, even though I haven't yet, and still have three trophies to go. Weird.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Nice one with the comic border! I'm enjoying playing around with the stickers too but I wish there was a way to read the speech bubble ones without having to stick them down first..

I have far too many web slinging sunset LENS FLARE! shots so far.

Thrillho

Thrillho

Such as..

Untitled

And the comic book frames and text are good fun..

Untitled

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho I agree that the speech bubbles get a little trial-and-error at times, which is why I don't use them half as much as I think I might want to. And you're right, no matter how much time I've spent swinging through the city (across both games), there's always room for more sunset shots! Love your example above, and that Daily Bugle sign is brilliant! I never even thought to capture it!

Obviously took a fresh truckload of screencaps whilst earning the game's platinum yesterday. I'll hyperlink a few of the more spoiler-laden shots, because I deliberately grabbed a fair few during major story beats and boss fights this time around.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Boss fight spoiler shots here, here, here and here.

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

It's such a great game for photo mode isn't it @RogerRoger ! I never know how you get good ones in combat though as I end up getting far too distracted by the fight to even think about getting snaps.

Now I'm done with my first play through, here's some of my favourites;

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

The standouts for me are the B&W one (that suit works really well for it as the eyes light up), the super closeup (the ray tracing even reflects the surroundings on that!), and the final one for the silhouette effect.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Well, basically I'm prepared to die, a lot. Quite often I get caught up in the fight, but it's equally satisfying to start "playing properly" after many minutes stuck silently in Photo Mode, returning to the action and handing the boss their backside!

Those are some awesome shots up there! I think you're the first person I've seen use the fish-eye lens so effectively, and that BLM mural is super-striking, with Spidey perfectly framed! And yeah, that's the 2099 Suit you're leaning on towards the end there, isn't it? With the light-up eyes. That starred in many of my best shots as well, works brilliantly in almost all environments. Your black and white one, and the Venom Jump one preceding it, are particularly good, but I do love those sunset shots, especially the jog down the middle of the street. That's probably my favourite!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Thanks! Yeah, I liked the 2099 suit for photos but mostly went for the hoodie and camp trousers one when playing.

I quite liked the Venom jump one too; I thought it was used for traversal and didn’t realise it was a move to use in battle for quite a while

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Ah, I was the same, although also entirely opposite; I kept forgetting to use the Venom Jump during traversal, because I figured it was purely for combat!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Here with highlights from my first couple of Mass Effect: Legendary Edition days.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Pretty nice for what’s supposed to be a fairly rudimentary photo mode. The first one and the B&W shots are my favourites.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic