Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 2,301 to 2,320 of 3,152

Voltan

Dang, I almost forgot Valhalla was that good looking.

Voltan

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Aww, that's real kind of you to say, thank you! And yeah, when I discovered that SHAREfactory made GIFs, it became a bit of a slippery slope. I've collected a good few over the years, but try and stop short of editing specific video clips to make them (emphasis on "try" there)!

@Thrillho I felt borderline wounded when I realised the Mass Effect Photo Mode was lacking any kind of spotlight feature, especially right after Miles Morales. Thanks to both the Spidey games and Jedi: Fallen Order, I've rapidly come to believe that having a spotlight or spotlights is the new essential yardstick for measuring a Photo Mode's greatness.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger I’ve just started Ghost of Tsushima and, while not spotlight feature, that has another pretty impressive photo mode too..

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Sweet! Looking forward to seeing what you snap!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Here with my leftovers from the first Mass Effect.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

It's a lot of me just holding a gun, I guess!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Some people’s driving of the Makko (?) seems to leave a lot to be desired based on screenshots.

And custom ManShep just looks so wrong to me!

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho I've got a good few screenshots of me driving my Mako into a Thresher Maw's mouth as well, so I'd say your concerns are valid. I'm awful at driving in videogames, though. I remember getting properly stuck in the underground tunnels section of Batman: Arkham Knight.

And it's funny, other people's custom faces look fine when they're FemShep, but show me a male Shepard who doesn't look like mine and I freakin' riot.

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@Thrillho What's the point of having a boost if not to fling yourself off a mountain trying to make a cool photo? Although I think @RogerRoger wins biggest jump for that second pic (or best ability to make it seem that way).
@RogerRoger Did you manage to go the whole game with your starting armour? I had to give up the N7 for better stats quite early in the game. I always disliked how choosing better protection meant you play large sections of the game in boring looking armour. Well done on getting that cool shot of the Normandy on Virmire. I tried a few times to get a good picture with it 'parked' there but never managed it. I managed to time one with the lightning but it ended up being a low-res texture and quite rubbish when paused so I left it.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

BearsEatBeets

Some final pics from the now complete ME1 from me.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Okay I think I'm boring Liara now.
Untitled

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Thanks; that Virmire shot took me forever. I'd spent ages trying to get a good shot of the Normandy docked on Noveria and Feros before I remembered you basically get to stand right beside the ship on a gorgeous tropical beach, but then I got there and, you're right, the angles were really tricky. I think it's just a difficult ship to photograph, wherever it is. I captured some lightning whilst driving the Mako to the staging area and, same as you, was disappointed by its quality!

Your shots are superb, as always! Whether you've managed to make a planet look volcanic, or whether there's an actual volcanic planet out there which I missed somehow, those are particularly striking! I love your Ilos shots, as well. I didn't hang around there as long as I'd have liked to, but you've captured its verticality perfectly. And is that Liara napping during the final boss fight? Look alive, Liara!!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

First round from Mass Effect 2 here. There'll be more once I've sorted through them!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I've really grown to appreciate that eighth filter, it seems!

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger I was wondering when you might start posting some ME2 pics. I almost took the same pic as the sixth one but never quite framed or lit it to my liking so I gave up and moved on. It's funny in the first game I was thinking to myself what use the 7th, 8th and 9th filters really were but slowly over time I've found myself using that eighth one more and more (still think 7 & 9 are fairly pointless but would be interested to be proved wrong). I'm finding the second game very dark compared to the first and seem to have to crank the brightness up with most pics. It's the first time I've noticed the whole game has a vignette on which adds to it, I remember it always being on by default in photomode but didn't notice when playing but do now.
Anyway cool stuff again, I really like the in your face Garrus one and the last 4 especially. Out of curiosity, where did you put your monument? I think I've always put it in front of the ship part with 'Normandy' on.

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Thank you! And yeah, I've abandoned a fair few solid shots because the lighting and framing is just too finickity. Some of the Photo Mode's choices are bizarre; random leaps in otherwise incremental settings and those wacky seventh and ninth filters, as you say. I have occasionally paused and thought "Hmm, maybe?" about the negative effect on the seventh, but then never followed through. I think the eighth filter works best in ME2 because it's a generally darker game, visually.

My monument went exactly where yours went. Definitely the best, most logical place for it, and right by the landing area, as well. Anywhere else just feels kinda messy and obscure.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger That Legion pic is awesome, that would make a great poster/print to hang on display. Tali too really. That last one is beautifully aligned, was it serendipitous or planned and meticulously arranged?

BearsEatBeets

Thrillho

@RogerRoger I really like the penultimate one too. Cool lighting and filter effect.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets @Thrillho Thanks, folks, glad you like 'em!

That last shot was half-planned, half-luck. I had the thought and ran over to an empty section of railing, to get my general position right... but then aimed skyward expecting to need tons of alignment refinement, and found that I'd gotten it spot on, first time.

So, it was an average idea, made good by random chance. Story of my life!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

It's probably time to update the thread some from my current game..

Untitled

This is a very pretty game with a rather great photo mode so I've spent a lot of time fiddling with it but here's the first batch for now. I think I've got better with the photo mode since these but these are in chronological order of obtaining them (even that one above).

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

It seems I'm quite a fan of the cinematic framing, dusk lighting, and fog weather effect

It's slightly annoying as the cinematic framing looks great full screen but the effect is lost slightly when they're just displayed as smaller pics.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho [lets out a slow whistle] Blimey, if you think you've taken better shots after the above, then I can't wait to see 'em someday! And with such a cinematic-lookin' game, I can't blame you for putting everything in a letterbox frame. It works beautifully, even on a smaller screen (the first, sixth and seventh shots are particularly good). Absolutely awesome!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger You’re too kind sir.

It is a great photo mode though with the ability to change time, weather, wind direction and strength, as well as numerous filters, expressions, and “particle” effects. I just miss the option to change outfit after playing Miles Morales!

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Are there many outfits in the game, then? Gosh darn it, why haven't I played this yet?!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic