Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 2,281 to 2,300 of 3,152

RogerRoger

Here with highlights from my first couple of Mass Effect: Legendary Edition days.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Pretty nice for what’s supposed to be a fairly rudimentary photo mode. The first one and the B&W shots are my favourites.

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

I haven't been in the topic for a while and good grief what a time to come have a look-see! Those Miles shots are absolutely gorgeous @RogerRoger & @Thrillho!

I don't wanna single any out as they're all so breathtaking... If I don't see one of those in the screenshot comp this year I'll be shocked!

That first shot from your mass effect pics is very nicely done rog. I quite like the second and fourth as well with a shout out to the seventh one with that droid looking thing too. Really quite like the lighting on that one

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Thanks; it's definitely a more selective Photo Mode than most. You can't just point the camera anywhere and find something gorgeous to capture. I was on a beautiful planet last night, really enjoying the environment but, every time I stopped to try and take a shot, nothing worked. This either means that I'm spending far too long in it, wrestling to make something worthwhile, or I'm just ignoring it for long stretches of gameplay. It'll be interesting to see how the sequels fare.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy My thanks! That seventh shot took me forever. There's no intensity slider for any of the (basic and samey) filters, so you're left tweaking saturation, brightness and contrast to get the colours looking decent. It's a proper fiddle!

And welcome back to the topic, by the way! No idea how we're gonna manage the competition this year, now that we've lost Communities. Will have to think of something.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Oh really? That sounds like an absolute nightmare to get just right... All the more impressive how you worked your magic on those!

Just a shame I have absolutely nothing to contribute to the topic @RogerRoger. I won't be playing anything screenshot worthy for quite a while... Though I have billion Code Vein pics from January still lying around if ya want ha ha!

Next year the discord intergration'll be up on PS5 (If I remember correctly?) so you'll have that at least to act as a communities backup... But looks like we'll just have to slum it this year and just have people submit photos onto the forums?

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Thanks, and thanks for the thought regarding Discord. I don't know anything about that service, but it seems like the direction Sony is gonna take the PS5, so it might wind up being the preferred option. Just means I'll have to get an account, the idea of which makes my skin crawl. I won't be able to claim complete separation from social media anymore!

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

Some pics from my Mass Effect playthrough, on the rare occasion I actually like how something comes out.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

'Okay everyone, remember where we parked'

Untitled

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

BearsEatBeets

@Thrillho Nice Miles Morales pics and huge kudos for making a cool fish-eye shot. It's one of those filters that make me wonder why they put that in there as I don't see how you could make a good pic with it but now I see.
As expected @RogerRoger some cool pics from you, really love 5 and the last from post #2306 and I'm guessing there are more on previous pages I'll check later. Love the B&W Mako too. Mass Effect certainly takes some effort to make a good pic but can see already you finding a way.

BearsEatBeets

HallowMoonshadow

I just looked at your Maneater shots from the previous page and that tunnel shot really is something with some great lighting @Thrillho!

I'll try to make a contribution as soon as I can so it's not just you and rog gabbing on here lol

I'm really quite partial to that first ME shot of yours @BearsEatBeets terrific stuff with the red filter! That fourth shot with the... Mako? Is quite the looker too though!

I mean if you only have it for screenshots @RogerRoger then it shouldn't be too bad? (Discord I believe allows you to set up private forums/communities and the likes from my understanding?)

It's what the twitter account I have is for after all... I don't go anywhere the rest of that toxic waste dump of a site. Just dump mediocre screenshots to it lol

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Hey, I'm a lovely conversationalist!

@BearsEatBeets Holy heck, buddy, those screenshots are amazing! The first two and the Thresher Maw pictures in particular, but they're all brilliant... oh, and nice park job, by the way!

Thanks for the feedback on mine. I'm taking less the more I play, which I think is a good sign!

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy It's something I'll have to look into, thanks. As long as it's private and kept to the fine folks from this forum, then I shouldn't be so nervous towards it. Might actually be kinda fun to have somewhere we can all hang out whilst gaming, without having to boot up a computer or check a phone every five minutes! In the meantime, yeah, I think this year's gonna have to be a forum topic.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Very nice work! That woodland golden sunset in... hmm, I wanna say Assassin's Creed Valhalla, maybe? Whatever the game, that's my favourite, but they're all ace!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@BearsEatBeets Yeah, good shots! The Spider-Man photo mode really is great. What’s the first game though?

Thrillho

Thrillho

Just a few from my NG+ run of SM:MM

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Stunning stuff, and I'm not just saying that because you've taken a few shots that are near-identical to some of mine, captured in the same locations and using the same poses! From the above, Tali's blaster fire and the flying MAKO are particularly striking. I didn't manage to get either of them, nor did I capture anything like your first shot.

Oh, and loving the new avatar, by the way!

@Thrillho All great, but the first and the last make quite the impact! Nicely done!

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger If I have similar shots to you I must be taking some good pics It was going to take something special to make me change my avatar which I use over many online things. It's also my first time making a GIF, I discovered you can make them in Sharefactory by fluke. I've probably opened a can of worms for messing about in games other than playing them.

@Thrillho Nice pics, love the lighting on the final one especially.

BearsEatBeets

Thrillho

@RogerRoger @BearsEatBeets Thanks. The last one was in a dimly lit area where you descend on your web. I just toyed with turning the lighting down even more and playing with the spotlights you can place.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic