Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 2,261 to 2,280 of 3,154

nessisonett

@Jackpaza0508 They’re showing up now! I have to say they’re great shots too!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

@Jackpaza0508 Huzzah! Good pics too; I particularly like the perspective on the first one.

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

RogerRoger wrote:

Thrillho It's all about the lens flare! Keeping the dream alive 'til Foxy gets back!

Say my name and I shall be summoned @RogerRoger!

...Ya know... eventually 😅

Good stuff with the Spidey Remastered and Miles screenshots! The penultimate Miles shot is my favourite, though the final shot is rather cute too!

I of course approve of the lens flare too!

-EDIT-

Some nice shots from @Jackpaza0508 there too... Like @Thrillho I quite like the perspective of that first shot of yours!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Jackpaza0508 Real glad you got your embedded images working up there, as those are some superb Spidey shots! I'll join the others in highlighting the first one, but I also love the mid-battle finisher starring good ol' Spider-Cat, as well, and that's a great use of the T.R.A.C.K. Suit at the end there!

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy ...and I didn't even need to chant it over an incense candle or anything!

Thanks for the praise; I've captured a few more in my quest to 100% the remaster, and I'll be making time to NG+ both of them soon, which'll undoubtedly result in quite the deluge from Miles Morales, but I'll be careful not to overload the topic. Lens flare shots will take priority!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Here with the remnants of my successful quest to platinum Spider-Man Remastered.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Some more great shots! And I've been trying to decide what to play next and you reminded me I still have my copy of Miles Morales that came with my console to play!

@velio84 Here's hoping for a photo mode as those look great as well. Is there an option to minimise the HUD at least?

Thrillho

Thrillho

And here's a few of my own from Maneater;

I did enjoy the Borderlands style screens for the apex predator enemies..

Untitled

The lighting in some areas was cool too. Dusk time around the bayou looked particularly impressive but was difficult to translate to images.

Untitled

Untitled

My fully kitted out electric attack mega shark looked pretty rad as well..

Untitled

Thrillho

Voltan

I think I saw a HUD option in the settings but haven’t touched it. I’ll check it out next time.

Voltan

Voltan

@Thrillho @velio84 I finally remembered to check the HUD settings and you can actually toggle individual parts of it, which is pretty cool. Like, you can hide the health bar but keep everything else. Not sure why anyone would do that but options are nice
So yeah, you can hide everything if you're after some screenshots.

Voltan

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Thanks! I've just started my NG+ playthrough with Miles (wasn't going to so soon, but then I realised that the all-consuming Mass Effect: Legendary Edition is less than a fortnight away). Looking forward to seeing what you're able to snap!

And great shots from Maneater, by the way! You're right, the lighting looks phenomenal (going from that second pipe image in particular). I doubt I'd eat anybody, I'd just swim around!

@velio84 Blimey, are those atmospheric or what?! Here's hoping for a forthcoming Photo Mode but, even without one, Returnal is one heck of a looker! Great shots!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger There's so many filters and borders in this game it's ridiculous.

This border made me laugh so I had to play around with it..

Untitled

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho It's insane how you have to cycle through twenty-odd borders before they even get to the returning ones from the first game. I saw that border you've used and had a similar reaction, although I haven't found the right image for it yet (and don't think I have to now, as yours is brilliant)!

I did use this one earlier, though.

Untitled

PlayStation emailed me a code for an additional frame as congratulations for me earning the game's platinum trophy, even though I haven't yet, and still have three trophies to go. Weird.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Nice one with the comic border! I'm enjoying playing around with the stickers too but I wish there was a way to read the speech bubble ones without having to stick them down first..

I have far too many web slinging sunset LENS FLARE! shots so far.

Thrillho

Thrillho

Such as..

Untitled

And the comic book frames and text are good fun..

Untitled

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho I agree that the speech bubbles get a little trial-and-error at times, which is why I don't use them half as much as I think I might want to. And you're right, no matter how much time I've spent swinging through the city (across both games), there's always room for more sunset shots! Love your example above, and that Daily Bugle sign is brilliant! I never even thought to capture it!

Obviously took a fresh truckload of screencaps whilst earning the game's platinum yesterday. I'll hyperlink a few of the more spoiler-laden shots, because I deliberately grabbed a fair few during major story beats and boss fights this time around.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Boss fight spoiler shots here, here, here and here.

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

It's such a great game for photo mode isn't it @RogerRoger ! I never know how you get good ones in combat though as I end up getting far too distracted by the fight to even think about getting snaps.

Now I'm done with my first play through, here's some of my favourites;

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

The standouts for me are the B&W one (that suit works really well for it as the eyes light up), the super closeup (the ray tracing even reflects the surroundings on that!), and the final one for the silhouette effect.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Well, basically I'm prepared to die, a lot. Quite often I get caught up in the fight, but it's equally satisfying to start "playing properly" after many minutes stuck silently in Photo Mode, returning to the action and handing the boss their backside!

Those are some awesome shots up there! I think you're the first person I've seen use the fish-eye lens so effectively, and that BLM mural is super-striking, with Spidey perfectly framed! And yeah, that's the 2099 Suit you're leaning on towards the end there, isn't it? With the light-up eyes. That starred in many of my best shots as well, works brilliantly in almost all environments. Your black and white one, and the Venom Jump one preceding it, are particularly good, but I do love those sunset shots, especially the jog down the middle of the street. That's probably my favourite!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Thanks! Yeah, I liked the 2099 suit for photos but mostly went for the hoodie and camp trousers one when playing.

I quite liked the Venom jump one too; I thought it was used for traversal and didn’t realise it was a move to use in battle for quite a while

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Ah, I was the same, although also entirely opposite; I kept forgetting to use the Venom Jump during traversal, because I figured it was purely for combat!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic