Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 2,241 to 2,260 of 3,153

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Ah, gotcha. News of a Photo Mode coming to FFVII is pretty exciting; looking forward to seeing what you (and others) come up with!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Thrillho I'm grateful for the tag (and thanks to @Th3solution as well, for tagging me in the front page's news story; one of the hearts on your comment is mine)!

I'll admit, my immediate reaction was "Oh, for God's sake!" because this will likely turn a 200+ hour trilogy into a 300+ hour all-consuming nightmare for me. I was actually looking forward to not having the distraction, as my Spidey playthroughs have been, and will continue to be, stop-start affairs. Having said that, I'm not complaining. It's still a great (and surprising) addition to the remaster.

What about you folks? Will you use it at all, or just focus on playing the games themselves?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Yeah, I immediately thought of you and how this is the perfect marriage of features for you as a longtime fan of the series and a photo mode enthusiast. 😄

I’ve been more of a casual user of the photo mode in other games. I definitely can see the allure though, as well as the time-sink!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Th3solution @RogerRoger Like most games I will probably think it will be a fun thing to play around with and then spend half of my play time tinkering with lighting and filters.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Yeah, I know you're not the most prolific of in-game photographers, but the chance to snap a few wallpapers of your Shepard, at least, might prove tempting. Will you even be getting Mass Effect: Legendary Edition at launch, or will you wait? Or even get it at all?

@Thrillho The better a Photo Mode, the worse the distraction, as well. Spidey's embarrassment of riches was bad enough on PS4, but the PS5 version comes with extra options, like moving the sun, adding spotlights, switching out suits, etc. and it therefore doubled the amount of time I'd spend tweaking a given shot. For everything I've taken, I've got four or five duplicate variants.

In other words, I'm hoping for a real basic "move the camera, fade the background and slap a filter over it" approach with Mass Effect, otherwise it's gonna be a freakin' nightmare!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger I’m torn on whether to buy ME:Leg Ed at launch. I think I’ll probably wait. I’m a little scared of the time commitment, but I’ve intended a replay of the series for a while now. Some of it will depend on how it’s received and if it’s getting gushing praise for its remaster quality then I might play it sooner rather than later.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Well, once I've given it a whirl, I'll tag you with some thoughts. Maybe they'll help you decide where to slot it into your schedule.

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Oh please do, because it will help a lot in my efforts to prioritize. If only it had a native PS5 version.... I played that awful Maneater the other day just because it was a PS5 game 😅 , so clearly I’m giving a bump in priority to technical advantage. ME:LE would definitely move it up my list if it were next (.. er, current) gen. By no means am I close to abandonment of PS4 yet though. But perhaps they will patch a PS5 version down the road.... 😒 who am I kidding — it took them the entire generation to even do the PS4 remaster.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution They have promised some additional enhancements for players on PS5, I think. Not sure whether they'll be available at launch or not, because it was a vague promise in the early days, but I'll be playing the trilogy on nex... no, you're right, on current-gen hardware, so I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime, enjoy eating all the men (when you're not hitting them for the Game Club, of course)!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Was just tidying up my screenshot folders. Apologies for the overload.

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Thrillho It's all about the lens flare! Keeping the dream alive 'til Foxy gets back!

Apparently, the Spider-Verse suit comes with a mod to make comic-style sound effects pop up during combat, so I'll be testing that out in NG+ for sure!

Making It So Since 1987

Jackpaza0508

So I thought I'd share my favourite screenshots from my Miles Morales journey!
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Jackpaza0508

He/Him

TraCuz-

@Jackpaza0508 Maybe it's just me but I can't see your screenshots , it's like they didn't load

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

Thrillho

@Jackpaza0508 I don’t know what you tried to do but you need to put your image url (i.e. ending with .jpg or equivalent) in image tags.

So something like (img)your url(/img) but use [square brackets] instead of round ones.

Thrillho

Jackpaza0508

@TraCuz- I genuinely have no idea! sorry!
@Thrillho I definitely did the [img][/img] thing!
EDIT: I think I might've fixed it! I left a line between each image so if that doesn't solve the problem then I guess I'm screwed!

Edited on by Jackpaza0508

He/Him

nessisonett

@Jackpaza0508 I’ve had a quick look at the BBCode and I think it’s to do with your insanely long links! You might want to use something like imgBB instead as you get a much shorter link.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Jackpaza0508

@Thrillho It's from Google Photos and the links are really long so I won't post them all otherwise it'd clog up the thread

He/Him

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic