Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 2,241 to 2,260 of 2,306

RogerRoger

Untitled
"Wow, these new ray-traced reflections are really... oh, never mind."

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind."

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Cheers! I'd screwed up what was supposed to be a stealth encounter, so coming away with a half-decent shot was a consolation prize I could live with.

Making It So Since 1987

velio84

Some Death Stranding shots:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Obviously I liked hanging around in the mountains

Edited on by velio84

velio84

RogerRoger

@velio84 Very haunting! Am also getting some Horizon vibes from some of those snowy peaks, particularly in the third shot. I think I have a near-identical capture of Aloy somewhere!

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I feel like you’d have a ball with Death Stranding’s photo mode more than the actual game!

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Heh, same. Which is probably why I'll never play it!

Making It So Since 1987

velio84

@RogerRoger
It's true - the snowy mountains does look very similar between the 2 games but given they both use Guerilla's Decima engine, I guess it's to be expected. The grass and rocks in Death Stranding are next level though.

Here are few photos from Horizon as well.

This one is from the Frozen wilds DLC (which was mostly snow and high mountains and I loved it)
Untitled

And these are from the main game:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

One thing I wasn't a huge fan of in Horizon (and Ghost of tsushima for that matter) was the over-saturated colors in certain parts of the day. Mostly the sunrise and dawn. I really hope Guerilla dial those down a bit for Forbidden West.

velio84

Thrillho

@velio84 Cool shots from both games! I really like the last HZD one though.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@velio84 Of course; I'd forgotten about that connection! Which is made all the more apparent by your follow-up batch of Horizon shots. I quite like oversaturated comic-esque light and colour, but I can see how some would prefer something a bit more muted, given how realistic graphics have gotten. I do agree with you about The Frozen Wilds, though. It's a superb chunk of DLC.

Fantastic shots, thanks for sharing! Particularly that middle pair of Horizon ones!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Untitled
"Gasp! I didn't realise this was a bathroom window!"

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
Spidey the Biker Punk.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Thanks!

Making It So Since 1987

velio84

I am no fan of superhero comics and movies and I don't see myself playing Spiderman even if it's free on ps+, but the photomode there seems quite something. Great pictures @RogerRoger

To stay on topic, here are few of the better (in my opinion) shots I took from Ghost of Tsushima:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

velio84

RogerRoger

@velio84 Thanks! And thanks for sharing your Tsushima shots, which are utterly gorgeous. That first one in particular is just packed with detail. Can't wait to play the game for myself soon!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@velio84 Nice shots. Quite different to the very vibrant red pics I’ve seen from most people.

Thrillho

velio84

Thanks guys. The thing is that Tsushima provides endless options for snapping photos. The world is quite vibrant, many different locations (nature wise) and very good combat. To top it all, the photo mode itself is excellent and you can freeze the action immediately if you are into the action shots.
I reckon @RogerRoger can spend hours there

velio84

RogerRoger

@velio84 Yeah, I could've gotten the game anytime by now, but I'm waiting for a solidly clear month. I just know that its Photo Mode is gonna consume me!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

I also need to play it and am tempted by it in the current sale. I just know it’ll be my luck that they’ll release a separate PS5 version as soon as I pay for it..

Thrillho

Voltan

@Thrillho I doubt it. It was one of the first PS4 games to be patched to take advantage of PS5 hardware and it's already one of the best looking games.

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic