Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 2,001 to 2,020 of 3,153

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder That particle adjuster is a godsend. The amount of times I've had a perfect shot ruined because a leaf is blowing in somebody's face, or there's a fly crossing a fight... blimey, this looks like the Photo Mode to end all Photo Modes!

Excellent batch of red there! Continually impressive!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Thanks buddy! Yeah it's useful if something like that is in the way.

Untitled

For the below shots the first one is untouched, the secpnd one is particle effects at 100% and the third one is something like 5%. Think I like the last one the best.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Wow, yeah, I see what you mean (and that third one is my favourite, as well; enough to be a part of the shot, but not enough to overpower it). It's pretty cool that the leaves are in different places each time, as that'll help in making sure they don't obscure anybody's face!

This game has really given you the Photo Mode bug, hasn't it? Awesome work!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I think AC Origns is when I first caught the bug, but i did not take as many. You can also turn the animations on or off, mainly as things can get a bit blurry if left on, but also as you say to get them out the way if they are obstructing anything. Thanks, much appreciated!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
This one below is from a cut scene, but the sun setting was in such a good position I couldn't resist taking a snap!
Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Second shot, the sun behind that blossom tree... gorgeous, nice work!

@BearsEatBeets A yellow-noir filter is a new one on me! Great timing with the fox, as well. Some properly superb shots there, very nicely done!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Thanks!

@BearsEatBeets Wow, some really nice shots there! I espcially like the fox one. I'm gonna be sad when I have no more to find.

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger @JohnnyShoulder Cheers guys. Those first two are from the same photo mode pause and I took four or five shots more with different angles/lighting/filters. I find I do that a lot, the ability to change the time of day is probably one of the best features and puts it up there with Horizon which did the same.
@JohnnyShoulder yeah it would be cool if you just had foxes follow you now and then if they had nothing left to lead you to. The birds are less helpful as I find they normally just pop in and take me to exactly where I was heading.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

A few more of mine from over the weekend.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

JohnnyShoulder

Only a few more from the last couple of days. Finally got my lightning shot! I've been trying for ages, and there is a bit of a knack to get it to show.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

RR529

Man, GoT continues to look great!

Anyhow, here's more Trials of Mana on my end.

Some inviting scenery.
Untitled

She looks fierce...
Untitled

...but we're ready for anything.
Untitled

Now what are you doing way up there!?
Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

BearsEatBeets

Thankfully @RR529 is mixing it up with some nice vibrant Mana shots because I'm adding a few more Ghost pics.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

HallowMoonshadow

... So we should totally rename this the "Ghost Of Tsushima screenshot thread" eh?

Some lovely shots @BearsEatBeets. The second and last shots of your latest set in particular are quite nice

& @JohnnyShoulder you took some fantastic shots there too. I quite like the one on the battlefield in particular (The fifth one just after your lightning pic).

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

Thanks! I was thinking something similar the other day @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy! I've almost finished with the game, honest!

Nice shots there @BearsEatBeets and @RR529

Few more from that game this week.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

RogerRoger

Some leftovers from my time with the Keeley Hawes Trilogy on PC, which didn't get used in my review.

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Tomb Raider: Underworld
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

Tjuz

@RogerRoger Oh wow, those Tomb Raider Underworld graphics really have held up quite well. While seemingly suffering from the PS3 cycle's "dark and gritty" phase, it really does look quite gorgeous. That character model in particular looks great still. Or maybe it's your screenshotting skills making the game look better than it really does!

Tjuz

RogerRoger

@Tjuz Playing on PC made me realise just how much developers had to compromise to make their multi-platform games run on PS3. It's not an ugly game on Sony's last console, but there was a definite downgrade to get it working (so, whilst you're kind to suggest it's my skill making it look good, it really isn't)!

Making It So Since 1987

RR529

Big post from me today.

First off is some Paper Mario: the Origami King!

Nostalgic callback.
Untitled

"The Legend of Paper: Breath of the Toad"
Untitled

There are some massive paper mache bosses that are pretty impressive.
Untitled

It wouldn't be a post Sticker Star entry without an appearance by the big fan!
Untitled

Next up it's back to Trials of Mana!

Time for the obligatory Ghost Ship segment?
Untitled

Yep!
Untitled

It even has a Zombie running an item shop!
Untitled

Making a new friend.
Untitled

Yes, can you direct me back to the nearest deck of Playing Cards, it won't be complete without me.
Untitled

Ninja time.
Untitled

I wish I had lava immunity.
Untitled

Well, hello there...
Untitled

...Why do they always end up being villains?
Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RogerRoger

@RR529 That giant stack of paper pumpkins looks impressive and, despite not being a big fan of the undead, that zombie shopkeeper's expression made me laugh! Great shots!

Making It So Since 1987

RR529

@RogerRoger, thanks for the compliments! Don't know if you're aware or not, but the "pumpkins" you mentioned in the ToK screens is actually a giant version of a Pokey, a cactus like Mario baddie.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic