Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 2,001 to 2,020 of 2,026

RR529

Ghost of Tsushima looks great. Can't wait to get to it eventually.

I've been playing Trials of Mana (PS4) and it's been a fun time so far. It doesn't have the graphics budget of a FFVII Remake, but it has a clean & vibrant look that works well, is inviting, and in terms of area design & detail doesn't bely it's Super Famicom roots (for example, quite a few areas, such as the town pictured below, have a surprising amount of verticality).

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Arugula

@RR529 Great shots and it looks beautiful! Most of all you reminded me I have this sitting on the shelf. Maybe this is next in line for me.

Arugula

BearsEatBeets

A few (carefully selected) shots from TLOU 2 from my run to the Platinum. Might add more spoilery ones in a few months time.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Nice shots man! I love how expressions on the characters at time!

Quite a few grabs from, GoT. You have been warned!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder Cheers, yeah the way that the character's face truly reflects what is going on in game is a really great touch by ND. Keep the Got pictures coming, you've got some really good shots there. going to throw out a few more of mine as I got a few hours in this morning.

Untitled
Untitled
I really like the different styles you can get from messing with the same shot
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Nice man, really like the last two shots and how you have captured the light. Yeah the amount of options available is quite exhaustive and it is surprising how a subtle tweak here and there can make significant difference.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

RR529

Nice Ghost & tLoU shots!

First up some more Trials of Mana shots.

Although it has linear paths, it does a pretty good job winding them through 3D space, as you end up crossing the shallows/islands you see below in the lake.
Untitled

Meeting the king.
Untitled

Yes, please.
Untitled

The performance is on.
Untitled

Next up some shots from PSVR dating sim Focus on You, which I played some time ago.

There's a typo in the second line, where it says "Whoel" instead of "Whole", lol.
Untitled

Fanservice meets VR tech.
Untitled
Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JohnnyShoulder

I don't need to say what game these are from, do I?

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Had to quickly get this one before the bird flew away, so couldn't get Jin to strike a pose.
Untitled
Mucked around with the focus on the above shot. Not too sure on the results.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets @JohnnyShoulder Keep these handy for the screenshot contest in November!

@RR529 That first Trials of Mana shot is gorgeous! The typo made me laugh, too (given the subsequent screencaps, no wonder the quality testers were distracted).

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I struggled to choose 4 for the recent GoT Push Square thing, think my head might explode trying to choose some more from a wider selection!

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Since I might end up a judge in said contest, I probably shouldn't make any suggestions, but there have been several shots you've posted where I've stopped, leaned back and taken a moment to really appreciate the image. You've taken some real eye-catching stuff of late!

@BearsEatBeets Thanks! And no, rest assured, there'll be some other games being represented, I'm sure. We might be having multiple categories; maybe one can be "Feudal Japan", but not all of them!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger The cheque is in the post!

JohnnyShoulder

Not as many this time!

Untitled
Untitled
I tried to get a lightning strike with the above shot, my reactions were too slow. I've even tried adjusting the time by that didn't work either.
Untitled
Untitled

JohnnyShoulder

Today's screenshots are sponsored by the colour Red!

Untitled
The following two screenshots I added in what is called 'Particles' which can vary from birds to leaves. The first one had butterflies, the second one has fireflies. You can also alter the intensity, which puts more of whatever particle on the screen. At 100% it is pretty wild, and in hindsight I should of wacked this up more to show this off.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder That particle adjuster is a godsend. The amount of times I've had a perfect shot ruined because a leaf is blowing in somebody's face, or there's a fly crossing a fight... blimey, this looks like the Photo Mode to end all Photo Modes!

Excellent batch of red there! Continually impressive!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Thanks buddy! Yeah it's useful if something like that is in the way.

Untitled

For the below shots the first one is untouched, the secpnd one is particle effects at 100% and the third one is something like 5%. Think I like the last one the best.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Wow, yeah, I see what you mean (and that third one is my favourite, as well; enough to be a part of the shot, but not enough to overpower it). It's pretty cool that the leaves are in different places each time, as that'll help in making sure they don't obscure anybody's face!

This game has really given you the Photo Mode bug, hasn't it? Awesome work!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I think AC Origns is when I first caught the bug, but i did not take as many. You can also turn the animations on or off, mainly as things can get a bit blurry if left on, but also as you say to get them out the way if they are obstructing anything. Thanks, much appreciated!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
This one below is from a cut scene, but the sun setting was in such a good position I couldn't resist taking a snap!
Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic