Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 1,981 to 2,000 of 3,153

JohnnyShoulder

Only a couple from yesterday. Will decide which one ones to put in the thread later today as knowing I'll probably forget. Will do two 'in action' shots and two scenic grabs I think.

Untitled
Untitled

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder @BearsEatBeets I think it goes without saying that you guys continue to outdo yourself with every post; these are some absolutely stunning screencaps! Very nice!

@Thrillho I wanna say that your TLOU and Left Behind screencaps are equally nice, but then I see hanging corpses and Ellie knifing a guy in the face, so I'll call them "impressively cinematic" instead. The sunset horse-riding and the black-and-white coffin prank are my favourites!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Cheers pal! I'm sure you will have hours of fun tinkering around the photo mode!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

Some more snaps from the last couple of days.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

JohnnyShoulder

Some more pics: Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

RR529

Ghost of Tsushima looks great. Can't wait to get to it eventually.

I've been playing Trials of Mana (PS4) and it's been a fun time so far. It doesn't have the graphics budget of a FFVII Remake, but it has a clean & vibrant look that works well, is inviting, and in terms of area design & detail doesn't bely it's Super Famicom roots (for example, quite a few areas, such as the town pictured below, have a surprising amount of verticality).

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

BearsEatBeets

A few (carefully selected) shots from TLOU 2 from my run to the Platinum. Might add more spoilery ones in a few months time.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Nice shots man! I love how expressions on the characters at time!

Quite a few grabs from, GoT. You have been warned!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder Cheers, yeah the way that the character's face truly reflects what is going on in game is a really great touch by ND. Keep the Got pictures coming, you've got some really good shots there. going to throw out a few more of mine as I got a few hours in this morning.

Untitled
Untitled
I really like the different styles you can get from messing with the same shot
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Nice man, really like the last two shots and how you have captured the light. Yeah the amount of options available is quite exhaustive and it is surprising how a subtle tweak here and there can make significant difference.

RR529

Nice Ghost & tLoU shots!

First up some more Trials of Mana shots.

Although it has linear paths, it does a pretty good job winding them through 3D space, as you end up crossing the shallows/islands you see below in the lake.
Untitled

Meeting the king.
Untitled

Yes, please.
Untitled

The performance is on.
Untitled

Next up some shots from PSVR dating sim Focus on You, which I played some time ago.

There's a typo in the second line, where it says "Whoel" instead of "Whole", lol.
Untitled

Fanservice meets VR tech.
Untitled
Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JohnnyShoulder

I don't need to say what game these are from, do I?

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Had to quickly get this one before the bird flew away, so couldn't get Jin to strike a pose.
Untitled
Mucked around with the focus on the above shot. Not too sure on the results.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets @JohnnyShoulder Keep these handy for the screenshot contest in November!

@RR529 That first Trials of Mana shot is gorgeous! The typo made me laugh, too (given the subsequent screencaps, no wonder the quality testers were distracted).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I struggled to choose 4 for the recent GoT Push Square thing, think my head might explode trying to choose some more from a wider selection!

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Since I might end up a judge in said contest, I probably shouldn't make any suggestions, but there have been several shots you've posted where I've stopped, leaned back and taken a moment to really appreciate the image. You've taken some real eye-catching stuff of late!

@BearsEatBeets Thanks! And no, rest assured, there'll be some other games being represented, I'm sure. We might be having multiple categories; maybe one can be "Feudal Japan", but not all of them!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger The cheque is in the post!

JohnnyShoulder

Not as many this time!

Untitled
Untitled
I tried to get a lightning strike with the above shot, my reactions were too slow. I've even tried adjusting the time by that didn't work either.
Untitled
Untitled

JohnnyShoulder

Today's screenshots are sponsored by the colour Red!

Untitled
The following two screenshots I added in what is called 'Particles' which can vary from birds to leaves. The first one had butterflies, the second one has fireflies. You can also alter the intensity, which puts more of whatever particle on the screen. At 100% it is pretty wild, and in hindsight I should of wacked this up more to show this off.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic